Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just got my brand new DF-85 case to replace my old HAF 932. I love this case great cable management amazing airflow and I actually like the looks

What do you guys think?

Edit: Pics up!
LL
LL
LL
LL

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I think the DF-85 is just a renamed antec 1200, but I love my 1200 so I also like the DF-85 (though I'd like Antec to be a little more creative with case design). Let us know if it gives you better temps than you HAF 932 did cause I;m not sure which case is better.

·
!
17,294 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Argosy View Post
I think the DF-85 is just a renamed antec 1200, but I love my 1200 so I also like the DF-85 (though I'd like Antec to be a little more creative with case design). Let us know if it gives you better temps than you HAF 932 did cause I;m not sure which case is better.
The DF-85 is far from a rebrand.

Some differences between the DF-85 & Antec 1200
-DF has a backplate cutout
-DF has a USB 3.0 port
-DF can accommodate longer graphic cards
-DF has a hot swap 2.5" bay up top
-DF uses two 140mm fans for top exhaust, instead of a single 200mm.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sLowEnd View Post
The DF-85 is far from a rebrand.

Some differences between the DF-85 & Antec 1200
-DF has a backplate cutout
-DF has a USB 3.0 port
-DF can accommodate longershorter graphic cards
-DF has a hot swap 2.5" bay up top
-DF uses two 140mm fans for top exhaust, instead of a single 200mm.
I fixed it for you. The actual distance between the HDD frame is the same because they use the same machines to make the 1200 and the DF-85. The GPU support is actually shorter by 1.25 inches because of the "fleet release" backplates. The plastic frame is 1.25" inches deep and subtracts from the overall area since a GPU cannot go inbetween the frame and this backplane.

New Antec 1200 have a backplate cutout. I have a DF-85 and I keep it at home. The top 2.5" bay I never put an SSD there. I am afraid without a lock, Antec DF-85 just advertises my SSD drive should be "swaped like its hot" and I don't want to "lose it"

One significant advantage of the Antec DF-85 are the support for like 9 3.5" hdds. Of course in disadvantage, you only get 3 x 5.25" bays and have silly doors for each one. I did a detailed comparison with the HAF X, so the Antec DF-85 is a much smaller case. Now the DF-85 is a value since its original price was like $229, it has since dropped to $149 regular price so its slightly more advanced than the unmodded HAF 932, but less of a case than the HAF X.

·
Banned
4,844 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by greg8west View Post
Main reason i got it was for dust filters.
Pretty expensive for dust filters. I know a few sites sell them for the HAF. Only problem I ever had with my haf is the interior but a spraycan solved that.

·
Banned
4,844 Posts
Was the V8 not cooling good enough, what temps were you getting with that?

I was thinking of getting a V8/V10 a bit but just picked up an h70 since it was on sale last week.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The V8 looks good and cools ok. It did the job but I liked the style of the h50/70 better and they cool a good amount better. around 7degrees cooler

·
Registered
46 Posts
Man, it' been ages since I posted in these forums... lol. Been so damn busy.

I'm actually ordering a 980x, H70 and a crapton of new components this weekend when I get paid to build a new monster system.

I've been considering this case really hard, seen a lot of reviews. I was kind of taken in by the rival coolermaster cases but I'm not a fan of the bare metal interior tbh, I'm quite liking the black internals on Antec's recent cases.

I've got a 900 right now, and I'm gonna need a bigger case for the next build with what I have planned. I'm torn between the 1200 and this.

Are you happy with the DF-85? How's it cooling, and how easy was the H70's deep radiator to fit to the back panel, considering the two fans are really close together on the rear of the 85? Does the size of it not interfere with the other fan of the two?

A little review of the case from someone on a forum I fully trust, and know that the users know their stuff would be much appreciated

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
looks good! i like the case! i dont like those like... latches that are across the optic drives. i HATE anything that covers up optidrives its annoying and i always break them haha

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Verone View Post
Man, it' been ages since I posted in these forums... lol. Been so damn busy.

I'm actually ordering a 980x, H70 and a crapton of new components this weekend when I get paid to build a new monster system.

I've been considering this case really hard, seen a lot of reviews. I was kind of taken in by the rival coolermaster cases but I'm not a fan of the bare metal interior tbh, I'm quite liking the black internals on Antec's recent cases.

I've got a 900 right now, and I'm gonna need a bigger case for the next build with what I have planned. I'm torn between the 1200 and this.

Are you happy with the DF-85? How's it cooling, and how easy was the H70's deep radiator to fit to the back panel, considering the two fans are really close together on the rear of the 85? Does the size of it not interfere with the other fan of the two?

A little review of the case from someone on a forum I fully trust, and know that the users know their stuff would be much appreciated

So far I am very happy with this case! It has great cooling and great features. I cant really answer your H70 question as I have an H50 but I dont see a reason it would not fit and I doubt you would run into problems hitting the other fan (i dident). Overall this is a great case though the only problem I had with it is that the cutout on the motherboard tray dident line up with my V8 or H50 so I had to take out the mobo (not a huge problem just an inconvenience) and I actually like the little flip things that cover the drive bays as i dont use mine that often.

I hope that helped! Feel free to ask more questions too

·
Registered
46 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by greg8west View Post
So far I am very happy with this case! It has great cooling and great features. I cant really answer your H70 question as I have an H50 but I dont see a reason it would not fit and I doubt you would run into problems hitting the other fan (i dident). Overall this is a great case though the only problem I had with it is that the cutout on the motherboard tray dident line up with my V8 or H50 so I had to take out the mobo (not a huge problem just an inconvenience) and I actually like the little flip things that cover the drive bays as i dont use mine that often.

I hope that helped! Feel free to ask more questions too

Awesome, thanks for the help!

One question, is it possible to get a quick shot of your H50's radiator in situe? I have a H50 at present, and I'm looking to upgrade to the H70 for the 980x when I build a new rig.

Just looking to get an overall idea of the size of the H50 and how far it sits off the back panel of the DF-85 as the 70 is 25mm deeper and I have a lot of stuff to cram in

1 - 20 of 33 Posts