Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi just wanted to provide some info on this new system,you can click the link to see the cpu ID ,any suggestions would be great,i built this system and am new to the 64 bit scene,i do have a question,do i have to reformat my drive if i intend to add a drive with an existing os? they both have XP home,the current one is an ATA133 8mb 80 gig,the other from my old system (only 4 months old)
is an ATA 100 2mb 60 gig.

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
No, I don't think you would have to reformat it, only have to reformat when you get a new mobo or you got a bad virus.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by shawnmcgrail

No, I don't think you would have to reformat it, only have to reformat when you get a new mobo or you got a bad virus.

ok i did add the drive runs fine turns out its an identical drive only i cannot get to the pictures i had or notepad stuff,and i cannot open any programs on that drive unless theyre installed on the boot drive, what do i have to do to make a raid config? reformat boot drive? what does reformatting in windows do to the added drive? idont se what good it will do to have the other drive unless i config raid0 for performance right? for gameing?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts