INTEL Core i7 920 2.67ghz OC'd to 3.0ghz
Arctic Silver 5 thermal paste
THERMALTAKE V1 AX socket 1366
THERMALTAKE 750w toughpower PS
THERMALTAKE Spedo full tower case Advanced package
CORSAIR Dominator DDR3 tripple channel 1600 PC312800
MSI X58 Platinum Mobo
EVGA GTX 280 Superclock edition 1GB DDR3
LG 19" Flattron monitor 1440x900 2ms 10000:1 (I def want higher res and bigger, so stay tuned for a new monitor but this will do for now)
LG BlueRay/HDDVD Player / DL DVDRW (SATA)
Forgot the brand but another DL DVDRW (IDE)
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM SATA Cache 32MB HDD
MS Vista Ultimate 64bit

Premium Member
boy how things have changed.

That like 4 years ago would look like alien technology!

Registered
looks good, just watch the northbridge temps after a while.... it'll get hot quick. mine went to 90+ before paste replacement... then around 75 but thats after overclock

System *****
yeah the v1 is lame
Strictly because of the longer second heatpipe,
also the fan rpm and cfm is not very effective.
the base is always nice and flat though.
TT just needs a little help. They are more into marketing than anything.

Very nice rig and pictures though

iPwn
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhkcommander959
View Post

looks good, just watch the northbridge temps after a while.... it'll get hot quick. mine went to 90+ before paste replacement... then around 75 but thats after overclock

Before overclock i was running 30c after overclock 50c with the TT heatsink and Arctic silver 5 with both.

Im really satisfied with the heatsink

actually im really impressed with TT altogether Case, PS and heatsink are all great. if not the current heatsink it would have been cooler master V8, but it wouldnt look as good IMO.

Premium Member
Quote:

Originally Posted by KShirza1
View Post

Before overclock i was running 30c after overclock 50c with the TT heatsink and Arctic silver 5 with both.

Im really satisfied with the heatsink

actually im really impressed with TT altogether Case, PS and heatsink are all great. if not the current heatsink it would have been cooler master V8, but it wouldnt look as good IMO.

If those are your idle temps that's really bad. Honestly, the V8 would have been a way better choice.

Anyways, good build.

iPwn
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marin
View Post

If those are your idle temps that's really bad. Honestly, the V8 would have been a way better choice.

Anyways, good build.

well see how it does cause the coolermaster v8 is a shopping cart away if i really need it.

from what i have read the V8 has idle temp with i7 default settings at around 40c where the v1 is pulling in 30-35c and could be cause of the great ambient temp

at 3.0-3.5ghz ive read the V8 pulls in 60-65 to where the V1 is pulling 50-55 and again could be cause of the ambient temp.

V1 seems to be a damn good heatsink for now

just an example for reference...

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/i7-9...erature-29595/

I honeslty would recomend the V1 to anyone.

iPwn
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arakasi View Post
yeah the v1 is lame
Strictly because of the longer second heatpipe,
also the fan rpm and cfm is not very effective.
the base is always nice and flat though.
TT just needs a little help. They are more into marketing than anything.

Very nice rig and pictures though

looks like pretty long heatpipe as well

not sure if that even matters honestly

Premium Member
I don't want to sound harsh here, but if you overclock that i7, and stress test it, that V1 will fail horribly. It failed to keep my Q6600 cool at 3.2GHz when i used one a long time ago before i got my Noctua. i7's run hotter than my chip, so watch those temps.

Registered
to be Honest the V1 can't even be compared to the V8 as it is vastly superior. You temps should not be compared to other peoples temps because they have different ambients etc.

See if the V1 can handle the i7 at a 4.0Ghz OC with temps under 70 or so

btw really nice build. The case is very nice. just saw the review by 2DGameMan and it is a very nice case but the fans could use a change.

iPwn
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by kazakia View Post
to be Honest the V1 can芒鈧渢 even be compared to the V8 as it is vastly superior. You temps should not be compared to other peoples temps because they have different ambients etc.

See if the V1 can handle the i7 at a 4.0Ghz OC with temps under 70 or so

btw really nice build. The case is very nice. just saw the review by 2DGameMan and it is a very nice case but the fans could use a change.
i dont think i would stress the pretty little V1 to handle anything over 3.0

If i go higher then i will be on the V8 like flies on shat.

i think the V8 will look really sweet in the case, but the V1 is doing the job and looking awesome.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.