Just got all the parts into.

MSI MS-1722 ID2 17" screen
9600M GT
4GB PC6400 G.skills
160BG WD HDD with the anti drop technology or whatever its called
P8600
Vista 64

Cost me about $850.

The hardest thing to do was find the "Supports Intel® PCI-Express mini card (5100, 5300 Half Size)" WLAN card. Kept finding the fullsize cards but I fount 1 half size 5300 but they wanted too much for it. So I got a halfsize 5100 off ebay for $10. I come and open the beast up and it looks like it supports the fullsize cards. So, I dont know why the indicate half size on their website specs. I'll try the 5100 for now and see how it goes

Installing the CPU

CPU Installed

Easy as hell putting it together. Easier than my desktop. Basically said, unscrew here, pop in your memory, cpu, harddrive, screw back cover on and your gtg.

·
Premium Member
7,187 Posts
Very interesting.

How much did it cost for the barebones laptop alone, and where did you buy it from? I really wish barebones laptops were more common, the only one I've actually seen readily available was the OCZ one, and that was like $650

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redmist
View Post

Very interesting.

How much did it cost for the barebones laptop alone, and where did you buy it from? I really wish barebones laptops were more common, the only one I've actually seen readily available was the OCZ one, and that was like $650

$420 off ebay. These MS-1722 ID2s were dropping like flys on there. There were only 1 or 2 of them up at a time. This one I secured with the buy now feature 2 seconds after the dude posted it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jrice00
View Post

Stanely screw driver

Been having that computer repair kit since sophomore year of highschool 6 years ago.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Thats a bargain!

Enjoy the 9800GT its a beast and is only a few fps slower than the GTX in most games.

Make sure to get the latest mobile driver from Nvidia, its a BETA but you can overclock with them unlike previous versions. So far I've got to 605/905/1505 but theres more headroom

Enjoy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts