Overclock.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Nice! I've thought about getting one of those but I'm still unsure. They're definately coming down in price finally!

·
Registered
900 Posts
Also, have you tried any gaming or anything of the such? I'm really thinking about picking one up but 64gigs is enough room for an OS and all that, but hardly any room for games. Using an extra platter drive for games sounds unfun.

·
Premium Member
6,005 Posts
How long does the OS take to boot?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
one thing guys you gotta remember is that SSDs, as you can see in the picture, have sustained speeds, so they don't drop down like regular HDDs do.

Meh, the day I can grab a decent 160GB for about $200 is when I'll actually grab one.

·
Banned
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by kneeki
View Post

Also, have you tried any gaming or anything of the such? I'm really thinking about picking one up but 64gigs is enough room for an OS and all that, but hardly any room for games. Using an extra platter drive for games sounds unfun.

Vista boots up about 3-4seconds fater and it depends on what game you play. Couter strike source had no difference but games with alot of data and require alot of HDD streaming like Crysis showed a big improvment as the game no longer had the HDD loading stutters

1 - 14 of 14 Posts