Overclock.net banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well just got this ram and its not working out at all.. All was fin till i started putting a load on it AND THEN IT WOULD JUST FREEZE UP every thing ...i even ran memtest 86 on then and they passed.. but when i reinstall them them lock up my system again.. well i guess ill have to rma them back to the egg... any ideas on what i can do before they get the can ?

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
What's the vdimm set to?

·
Premium Member
7,146 Posts
Put the voltages at 2.1v
Set the speeds to 1066mhz 5-5-5-15 or whatever there rated
Try it again, how long did you let memtest go for?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ive tried 5-5-5-15 6-7-7-18 voltage at 2.1 -2.2 and still the same thing and memtest ram for about an hour ... on each dimm

·
No desktop currently :(
2,134 Posts
And you're sure the system ran fine before putting in this set of RAM?

EDIT: Wait, is this the PhenomII DDR2 1066 RAM bug? Try setting them to 800MHz and see if that helps.

·
Premium Member
3,864 Posts
lol, i had almost the same type of problem happen to me when i first got my reapers from the egg. Had to rma, cause one stick would lock up my system all the time, no matter what slot it was in( dead). try to see which one is dead by putting 1 at a time then stressing it. Overall, you almost certainly will be rma'ing those suckers. I personally wont buy ocz anymore, because the new ones i got from rma suck at o/c'ing. cant go like above 30mhz from 1066, no matter what volts i use.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well every thing in the setup is new .. lke right now im useing my corsair 2x1 and have no problems at all... i may try to nock them back to 800 and bring them up to speed .. but d3th grunt you right no more ocz ill just to g skill or corsair again

·
Registered
634 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by trueg50 View Post
If memtest passes a few times, then the trouble 100% isn't your RAM.

I don't have much AMD experience, but the issue is no in the RAM and is else where.
not true my friend

i had the exact same problem with a set of OCZ gold ddr2-1100 about a month ago

passed memtest but system would lock up constantly. i then proceed to take it to my friends and run it on his pc an amd rig and the same stuff happens in his pc, his moms pc, and his living room pc

so i send it back and get some gskill problem solved

i no longer take memtests results as definitive any more even though it catches most errors i have ever had, it missed this one bad

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
I've had bad luck with OCZ lately.

As the poster said above me, I've had great luck with G.Skills, especially the cheapo ones.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts