Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i have a socket478 p4, with a dfi lanparty pro 875b revb. Will the Thermalright XP-120 fit on that, and if not what kind of adjustments are we talkngi about....also, if i order that, is there anything else i need or can i just clip it in...i am getting the artic silver to put under it, but that heatsink comes with fan right? or am i better off going with the silent tower or tower112 or anything else....also lookngi for a psu. I was looking at the xconnect and the ocz powerstream 520w....is the ocz worht the extra money? thnx

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtsplyr3189
ok, i have a socket478 p4, with a dfi lanparty pro 875b revb. Will the Thermalright XP-120 fit on that, and if not what kind of adjustments are we talkngi about....also, if i order that, is there anything else i need or can i just clip it in...i am getting the artic silver to put under it, but that heatsink comes with fan right? or am i better off going with the silent tower or tower112 or anything else....also lookngi for a psu. I was looking at the xconnect and the ocz powerstream 520w....is the ocz worht the extra money? thnx
from thermalright's website.....
LP Pro875B rev. B *caps mechanically obstruct pipe slightly, cap tilting necessary

the word around town is the 120 is best.....thermaltake's tower112/silent tower is second by a degree or two....
I have a silent tower with a tornado 92mm fan on my p4 3.0E oc'd at 3.6 and get load temps under 45 depending on fan speeds.

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
Quote:

yes, the ocz is worth it, the xconnect is nice too, but if you are gonna use all the cables then whats the point of the modular PSU?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crashed
yes, the ocz is worth it, the xconnect is nice too, but if you are gonna use all the cables then whats the point of the modular PSU?
so you can add fans on to your heatsink? and it comes with one basically

·
Premium Member
3,804 Posts
Quote:

The ocz is very worth it. Go with the xp-120. I had to tilt my caps to but it wasnt a big deal as long as its slight.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by steveo42024
The ocz is very worth it. Go with the xp-120. I had to tilt my caps to but it wasnt a big deal as long as its slight.
so if i were to buy the xp120, do i need to buy any fans or anything, or will it work fine??

·
Premium Member
3,804 Posts
Quote:

so if i were to buy the xp120, do i need to buy any fans or anything, or will it work fine??

Yea grab a 109 cfm panaflo if you want good cooling and silence. If you dont mind noise grab the 190 cfm delta. Both these fans are 120mm.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by steveo42024
Yea grab a 109 cfm panaflo if you want good cooling and silence. If you dont mind noise grab the 190 cfm delta. Both these fans are 120mm.
cant really find a linkto "buy" thsi from...maybe some help please...the 109 cfm panaflo ofcourse, imtaking your word for it. And just to clraify, that attaches onto the heatsink?

also, what are the differences between the xp90 and 120, just the fan size, or what is the differnece? im only asking so many questions becuase i dont want to have to buy anything else in a long time.....so im thinkngi about buying the follwoing, let me know ur input..

OCZ Powestream 520w
XP-120
Artic Silver 5
109 cfm panaflo

i have a lanparty pro 875b rev.b, read the bottom for the rest ..

one more thing...those area ll quiet right?? bc im getting new stuff bc my pc is loud, and bc of the stock psu....please let me knw about noise level

·
Premium Member
3,804 Posts
Quote:

cant really find a linkto "buy" thsi from...maybe some help please...the 109 cfm panaflo ofcourse, imtaking your word for it. And just to clraify, that attaches onto the heatsink?

also, what are the differences between the xp90 and 120, just the fan size, or what is the differnece? im only asking so many questions becuase i dont want to have to buy anything else in a long time.....so im thinkngi about buying the follwoing, let me know ur input..

OCZ Powestream 520w
XP-120
Artic Silver 5
109 cfm panaflo

i have a lanparty pro 875b rev.b, read the bottom for the rest ..

one more thing...those area ll quiet right?? bc im getting new stuff bc my pc is loud, and bc of the stock psu....please let me knw about noise level
The difference between the 90 and the 120 is the 120 is bigger so it can take more heat. The 109 cfm panaflo goes on top the 120 and is almost silent. The powerstream is very quiet to. I have both of those and its VERY silent. www.heatsinkfactory.com for both of those.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts