Overclock.net banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Realist
376 Posts
Based on my experience, Pinnacle Ridge performs worse than Summit Ridge with 1 DPC DR and 2 DPC configurations.

So far I haven't been able to reach 3200MHz on dual rank modules on Pinnacle, despite 3200MHz was rather easy on Summit.

And that's on B-die too.
Worked fine for me, 1DPC 3200C14 booted up with no issue using the XMP profile, now with tighter manual timings it's running even better. No cold boot issues, 2000% x 16 on HCI Memtest with no errors, 1.35V, 60ohm ProcODT. Can't seem to get 3333 going though and I can't speak for how this kit would have run on Summit.

Didn't get a screenshot of 2000% because I set the test to stop a 2000% not realizing it would close the instances and not just stop them, but ~900% below:

My old DR Hynix MFR kit -did- run worse on this 2700X/C7H than with my old 1800X/C6H though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My Corsair Vengeanve LPX 2x8GB 3000MHz CL15 with hynix die will boot at 3333Mhz on my B350 Pc mate motherboard and Ryzen 5 1600 so it doesn't really sound like much to say a much more expensive RAM will boot at lower frequency on much more espensive motherboard... just saying.

·
DRAM Obsessor
1,034 Posts
I can get to 3600 and have decent timings but its almost always better to drop down to the strap below your maximum frequency and tune that as it will more than likely walk all over it in performance. The Aida64 numbers may look better on the higher frequency but that doesnt always translate to real world performance gains. My 3533 and even my 3466 outperforms my 3600 strap by a decent margin, so there are sweet spots but im not sure if that goes from kit to kit or if thats just what Pinnacle likes as a whole. My 3466 strap is probably my favorite so far, almost hit 2k in Cinebench with it at 4.275ghz and almost 2020 with 4.35ghz but I cant run more than 4.35ghz without going over the 1.425v threshold I dont let my CPU cross. Thats running PStates and All Core OC btw but I dont recommend All Core since you cant idle. PStates is beautiful for higher frequencies though, Im not a fan of XFR until the bios ages a bit more and I can get some decent performance from it because the performance loss is rather significant as opposed to running a PState OC.

If you end up getting the CH7 you wont be disappointed though as even when I run near 4.3ghz with LLC maxed out the VRMs never budge in temps and everything stays nice and stable as long as I keep temps under control. The board can handle anything that ive thrown at it and the memory traces seem to be pretty nice. I can only get 3600 100% stable but I can get all the way to 3800 to boot, probably further if I tried but I see no point right now as it will never be stable at those frequencies. Maybe on 2nd Gen?

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.