Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I ordered in aliexpress one 240mm and a 360mm

They are damaged due to transport.
nothing on the fins or tubes

Here some pictures:
Should I do a leak test outside the pc ? Returning them would be a long process. I paid with PayPal. Maybe a 50% refund if they don't leak ?

Thank you

·
High Clocker
3,415 Posts
Made of a soft metal so will just bend before it cracks. So its just the paint thats come off making it look worse then it is.
Youll know before the end of your leak test if there is any punctures since it will leak straight away.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I would absolutely test it before use. If the rad has been hit with enough force to dent it then that is enough to potentially crack the braze welds that hold the core together.

·
Watercooling
245 Posts
Yes for sure I'd return them, although they may well not leak and if on show you could maybe touch up the paint...

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,207 Posts
Return them for replacements. You paid for new, undamaged rads. Why would you accept less?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok guys I tested them. Some hour, not 24h. They don't leak.
I know I paid for new brand. I will ask for a refund but keeping them. If it's just aesthetic problem. I don't care.

I gonna try then 24h inside The PC shutdown of course.

I paid 60€ for both radiator copper 240+360. If I can be refund 50% it could be worth it no ?

Because they come from China. Return them will take so long.

What do you think ?

Thank you

·
Intel Overclocker
61 Posts
Tough choice, such a hassle and disappointment to have to sent it back. Plus 50 percent a rip :mad: Sure, a 24 run test run outside the system (when the rad, pump, and fans are not under stress) is a good way to check for leaks. :Snorkle:

However, imo impact damage to the internal rad workings, pump, and fan controllers may not surface until the cooling system is deployed under stress conditions (serious overclocking and gaming) for a few weeks. And, then you experience high temps from poor water flow issues or or future failure of an overworked pump. :exclamati

50% is better than nothing. Ouch! Those don't look like paint scratches only, more like impact (dent), imo. Or worse, how do you really know if the damage was in shipping, and not that way before it was shipped. Just saying, could it be a damaged goods the original buyer damaged it, then returned to the manufacturer, who refurbed it, and sold it in china ?

Good Luck whatever you decide :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you again bro

I decide to test them first and then I gonna take another decision. Trying to be fully refund without replacing

But need your advice here.
A tube is a little pinched, can't replace him without removing GPU. Is it really bad thing ?

My pump can handle 500L/H and 3M pressure I think.

·
Intel Overclocker
61 Posts
fine now, what did you do? Loosen the pipe clamp and reseat lube? Advantage of DIY system, in AIO system the tubes are like glued on on. -lol.
Paper towels, nice precaution.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I décide to remove first the clamp and force the tube to go out with a tiny screw driver.
Jesus ! I lubricated before but it was hard to remove this ****!

Sorry my loop is so ghetto with these clamps. But I think they are effective. They do the job

So I started 4 hours ago. Tomorrow I will be able to start the PC ? I really want to do that now but I will respect the leak Test 24h...

If you look the pictures. I was able to reuse the Sapphire Trix fan to cool the VRM and VRAM!! I'm happy !

How can I easily chase the air bubble in rads? Will I have to do it every time a move my PC?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts