Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have successfully overclocked my system, ran prime 95 for 12 hours, stable with temps up to 59 degrees during stress test. It idles around 23-24 degrees.

However, I was about to have another stress test on OCCT, and realized my OC had disappeared and now my multiplier reverted to x12 instead of it being at x20, which completely diminishes my OC from ~4.1 GHz down to 2.3GHz.

I have successfully reclocked it, ran CPU-Z and show my OC to be active. I ran prime95 again and it passed. However, while I was using it I came back 5 minutes later to find my OC had disappeared AGAIN! Where is it going? Please help!

Note: I have tried to decrease my multiplier from 20 to 19 and increase my bus speed to 210-211 and that doesn't seem to help either.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Code Geass
View Post

CPU Features: Intel SpeedStep Tech: <-----------should be "Disabled" also the "C1E" feature.

That's what it might be causing it to drop the multi

This ^^

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Code Geass
View Post

CPU Features: Intel SpeedStep Tech: <-----------should be "Disabled" also the "C1E" feature.

That's what it might be causing it to drop the multi

Yar, keep it enabled IMO.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZainyAntics
View Post

Yar, keep it enabled IMO.

If he does he will be unstable because its dropping his mhz down. Disable those 2 to stop that from happening.

·
Senior Overclocker
4,998 Posts
before commencing overclock, disabled must be intel speedstep and C1E my young padawan.
clock... drop it will, .. no more.

lol just saw yoda from starwars

• Rep+
Reactions: the_xpert

·
Premium Member
20,621 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jcichetti
View Post

Note: I have tried to decrease my multiplier from 20 to 19 and increase my bus speed to 210-211 and that doesn't seem to help either.

If your system is stable at these settings, keep it this way
more FSB can increase overall system performance
Or you could of course try 211x20 which is also much better...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts