Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Retired
2,445 Posts
Nice OC, I give it the Tubnotub1 Stamp of Approval!

·
Banned
6,957 Posts
What stepping is that?

Nice Clock

I got my KAB2e @ 3Ghz (1.6V) and it runs 24/7 2.8Gh (Stock Vcore)

You might want to change the Bus Multi - it shouldnt be over 1000Mhz - change it too 3x

·
Retired
2,445 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by selectodude View Post
Why'd you drop the multi so low?
Lower Multi X Higher FSB = Faster Overall Performance

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by selectodude View Post
Why'd you drop the multi so low?
Dunno.. I'm not sure, It wouldn't boot with a higher muti, even with a lower fsb and an identical fsb:ram ratio. Also, lower multi, for mah higher fsb. Bleh, oh well. I'm happy. I will continue tinkering with it for a while. I'm looking for some REALLY hardcore air cooling. Anyone have any suggestions? I heard something about a tornado cooler or something. Typhoon? Dunno.

EDIT: damn you all post so fast.

·
Retired
2,445 Posts
Big Typhoon, Tuniq Tower, all great air cooling solutions. Also, you might try running your RAM at a smaller divider, as it is currently running under the suggested (stock) 200 mhz. If you cant get it to run with a smaller multiplier try atleast tightening up the timings. I would imagine even if its value at that low of a speed it could run at C2.

·
Banned
6,957 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pmigneous View Post
EDIT: damn you all post so fast.
As I always say -

Overclock.net - the only forum that you wait minutes for replies not days

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well thanks much guys. I'll be working on the oc for the next few weeks. I'm not going to go much higher clockspeed wise untill i get my Typhoon in a few weeks. However, I'll start toying in with the timings and testing BOINC and Orthos simultaniously. Then memtest86. Right.. well, star trek time. Peace out.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Nice OC with the stock cooling! With the new typhoon you should be able to hit at least 2.8Ghz. You should o some lapping too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts