Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my 3000 Clawhammer DTR running at 2.61GHz (same speed my Intel NWC at at stock
), which is a pretty good OC for a $120 chip.

I haven't had any stabability problems so far, games run great and I score waaay higher in benchmarks than I did with my Northwood C at 3.2GHz. My RAM dosn't OC for crap, so I have to run a pretty large divider to get my FSB up where I want it. Here are my results thus far:

*Off Topic* I'm having some difficulties getting oc.net to load, I have to refresh a page 3-4 times before I can get it to properly load. Is it just me or are other people having the same problem?
Oh, and one last thing... My temps are high because my HC dosn't have a shroud, I'm only running 2 120mm fans, I run my pump 24/7, so the only time the pump gets to cool off is when my main PSU is off, and my 2ndary PSU that only powers my fans is turned on. My room is also currently 81F.
LL
LL

·
Banned
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by steveo42024
Not bad
Some good ram will really help out those pi scores. Tried any higher? btw I sent out that cash I owe you today

Nope, havent tried yet.

I'm sure it will get to 2.7GHz, at least.
And about that money... I was wondering what was taking it so long to arive.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Can you select a multiplier? Try dropping the multiplier and upping your fsb and finding your max that way.... I don't know if this will affect you bit it helped me, try removing one stick of ram and then finding the max fsb, for some strange reason it helped me and both sticks were pc 3200... Whats your dimm voltages at? If its generic you can still up em pretty high before stuff starts to explode.. lol

·
Banned
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by r3tard
Can you select a multiplier? Try dropping the multiplier and upping your fsb and finding your max that way.... I don't know if this will affect you bit it helped me, try removing one stick of ram and then finding the max fsb, for some strange reason it helped me and both sticks were pc 3200... Whats your dimm voltages at? If its generic you can still up em pretty high before stuff starts to explode.. lol

Heheh, I have actually OCed generic RAM much higher than this Corsair Valuesh**. Crucial PC2700 runs quite nicely at 265MHz 1T 3-3-3-8.

My Vdimm is at 2.7v. Upping it dosn't allow for better RAM OC in my case. I have hit a wall at 2.682GHz. Do CPU's need to burn in like RAM does before you can find it's max OC?

Edit: amd my Vcore is 1.67, the lowest my CPU will fully boot at.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi people just thought you might be interested to know that I got an Athlon 64 3000+ to go from 1.8 Ghz to 2.2 Ghz whilst the RAM was running at 166 and is now at 202. I think the RAM is restrictive now as she won't go any higher than that, do you reckon that upping the VRAM will help at all? I haven't touched any voltages at all yet.

·
Banned
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikester128
Hi people just thought you might be interested to know that I got an Athlon 64 3000+ to go from 1.8 Ghz to 2.2 Ghz whilst the RAM was running at 166 and is now at 202. I think the RAM is restrictive now as she won't go any higher than that, do you reckon that upping the VRAM will help at all? I haven't touched any voltages at all yet.
It's probabally your RAM. What speed is it rated at? Upping the Vdimm and raising the timings should fix that.

·
Banned
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I found out that 2.736 wasn't totally stable, so I dropped my multi to 8, and cranked the FSB up to 340MHz, and now my processor is running at 2.72GHz, and so far, so stable!
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=62668
I've heard that low multi's, and highFSBs increase performance over a high multi and low FSB, is this true?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Some_Idiot2
I've heard that low multi's, and highFSBs increase performance over a high multi and low FSB, is this true?
I wouldn't say that's true...only if you have some amazing memory, then having a high FSB and low multi would be beneficial if running 1:1.
The best combination of FSB, multi's, HTT, dividers, voltages, is the best bet..
Figure out your memory maximum speed first..

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Some_Idiot2
How long does it usuallt take for a CPU to fully burn in?
Good question, and unfortunately there isn't an exact answer. Some people believe that "burning in" is just a myth. Others feel it is something that actually can be accomplished.
I, have yet to see any benefits of leaving my PC on for days on end, and usually priming overnight for nights in a row. I am attempting to lower the vcore ever so slightly with my current clock, but so far it is still unstable any lower.
I wouldn't believe too much of it, if you can burn in hardware, I'm sure it would take months.

·
Banned
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I'm back to 2.736.
All I did was set my RAM to 2T instead of 1T, and now I'm benching a little higher than I was before, and I'm perfectly stable.
I can play COD 2 without my comp freezing.
Once I get a new PSU and I buy my new RAM, I'm expecting 2.8 out of this lil' bad boy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts