Overclock.net banner

My official phase change project thread.

4143 53
I'm hunting for phase change cooling system components... Hopefully I'll complete building it in a couple of month, as i have lots of free time on my hands.
A friend of mine who's selling refrigerators offered me a compressor with 220 wattage(which is kind of high) and 'size 7', i wanted to know if it is suitable
to be used in a phase change cooling system.
And how does that measurement translates into double numbers, 1/4 for example.
Thanks+Reps!.

Edit: I Will post my progress building this system once their any.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Banned
3,469 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but a 230 watt compressor would have to be pretty small wouldnt it?? Just thinking about what Im going to use and its 1500 watt and out of a very small AC unit. It is old though so maybe the newer ones are just that much more efficient??

· Banned
3,469 Posts
this is a bit different but if you are going for those sort of temps maybe you should think of doing the TEC style of cooling first maybe. It would be cheaper to build and much easier. I do understand going for the phase change though, after all Ive been sucked in..........lol. What cpu will you be using in your rig?

· Banned
3,469 Posts
I can understand the temps very well, after all I live in Australia and it is in the middle of summer in Adelaide and it can hit 40+C no worries, not an overclockers ideal climate. My TEC got me load temps of around 25c at 1.7+vcore @ 2800+ on a 3000+ so it was not too bad, they do take a lot of cooling but: and having the warmer climate hits that in the bum big time.

· Banned
3,469 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellgy

It just looks that way..., because it's centralized in the photo, it isn't by far larger then any regular compressor...
it still wouldn't fit into a standard ATX case tho, I need some standard sized item side by side with the compressor, to get it unto proportion.

how many cooling watts is it rated at if you can see a sticker or plate somewhere, it is bigger than mine if it cant fit into a case as mine will fit and is 1500 WATTS- unless yours is just fat and not tall

· Banned
3,469 Posts
You would hope he has the correct gear, getting a fridgey to come out and do the work for you will cost you a fortune. If you know somebody then it might not be so bad but having a fridgey stand there and charge you an hourly rate to vacum your system would be crazy- not to mention he\\she will probably charge you for the pick up and supply of the refridgerant.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.