Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my part list on PC Part Picker.

As you can see, my build is over-the-top, which is why I am concerned about the 12v power cable.

Under the error it says that I will need it for extreme overclocking and intense graphics cards, which I will have both.
So, do I really need the cable? And if I do, can anybody recommend a good 1600w PSU that includes it?

Thank you for your time. :specool:

·
Registered
313 Posts
This is my part list on PC Part Picker.

As you can see, my build is over-the-top, which is why I am concerned about the 12v power cable.

Under the error it says that I will need it for extreme overclocking and intense graphics cards, which I will have both.
So, do I really need the cable? And if I do, can anybody recommend a good 1600w PSU that includes it?

Thank you for your time. :specool:

Do you need it, no. But for an extreme OC it'll give you more stable power to the CPU. Any decent brand of PSU should have two 4x4 cables for CPUs and I can tell you that the EVGA P2 you have on your list does since I have that exact model next to me in my computer:thumb: Plug one complete 4x4 into the 8 pin connector on the MB and then one half of the other 4x4 into the other 4 pin connector and just let one of the 4x4s hang there. You can't do anything about how it looks unless you want to modify the harness or make your own which takes some measure of care.

·
Registered
709 Posts
3970x and AIO .. yikes :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah after using my noggin for a solid 5 seconds I came to the conclusion it would be 5x better to use the Wraith Ripper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.