Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing works! ANYTHING I try to open I get some ******ed message from DirectX Texture Tool saying "An error occured trying to open that file".
Of course I tried reinstalling DX but I cant open that either. Can't even open msconfig. I can only open .txt files and firefox somehow opened when I clicked a .nbh file and tried clicking search the web. Is it a Virus?
I will upload pics from my phone in a few mins.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,076 Posts
Haven't seen anything like that. I'd say try re-installing windows but someone might have a more logical fix.

bumpalicious
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,743 Posts
Looks like what happens when you take a hard drive from one computer and put it in a different computer. Dig you install windows from scratch? Or did you just swap the drive over to the new computer?

Edit::: wait you mean Your PC just wigged out on you or is this a new pc that you just finished?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpookedJunglist View Post
Looks like what happens when you take a hard drive from one computer and put it in a different computer. Dig you install windows from scratch? Or did you just swap the drive over to the new computer?

Edit::: wait you mean Your PC just wigged out on you or is this a new pc that you just finished?
No dude this PC's been running since like a year ago on the same Windows. I went to work(it was running fine) then I came back and my PC was crapped out. My little sis was using this PC while I out and downloaded something from Nickjr.com called InstallDorasCarnivalAdventure.exe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,076 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ALiShaikh View Post
No dude this PC's been running since like a year ago on the same Windows. I went to work(it was running fine) then I came back and my PC was crapped out. My little sis was using this PC while I out and downloaded something from Nickjr.com called InstallDorasCarnivalAdventure.exe
Oh... I thought you had just finished building it? Well yeah little sisters unattended are the best ways to get viruses. Have you scanned?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by goobergump View Post
Oh... I thought you had just finished building it? Well yeah little sisters unattended are the best ways to get viruses. Have you scanned?
I can't start Avast or ANY exe, it gives me that same error
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,372 Posts
I suggest running some scans.. Malwarebytes, Superantispyware, hitman all in safe mode just to see if they pick anything up. If they do clean them out and erase your restore points and run ccleaner as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlasov_581 View Post
how old the hdd?
2 Years. Was running Vista at launch but I switched to Win7 when it came out
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,743 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ALiShaikh View Post
How?
Restart the computer and hit F8 before the windows loading screen.
That will get you into safe mode

Once in safe mode type system restore in the search box under the start menu
Select choose a different restore point.
Pick from the list a restore point you think would be good. [Like a system checkpoint before your sister touched your computer.

After all is said and done you should create a user account for your sister with limited access rights.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

Originally Posted by OverSightX View Post
Can you start task manager? See anything "fishy" in there?
Nope, can't start that either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,262 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MET4LH3AD Omega View Post
i have a hdd from 97 and its still firm and works fine. plus i always new dora was up to no good lol.
well it's a little old. perhaps it's dying. but i don't know that for sure though.

a new hdd isn't that expensive if these errors keep on after a format and clean install.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
I did a system restore(to the earliest point), and now it wont even go to the login screen. Just a black screen. What do I do.....I don't even have my copy of Win7 on me...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,743 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ALiShaikh View Post
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
I did a system restore(to the earliest point), and now it wont even go to the login screen. Just a black screen. What do I do.....I don't even have my copy of Win7 on me...

Can you enter safe mode again? can you still see the bios screen?
Why did you go to the earliest point? I said roll back to just prior to when your sister got on it.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top