Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn, a couple of hours ago, I was changing some of the BIOS options, nothing important, and when I saved and reboot, the PC went in like a Standby, I shut down, and when I power on the pc again the monitor just got black in like a standby, the PC starts but I cant boot, dont load the windows, not even the screen, nothing, the computer just stay there, I can hear everything the fans, HDD, the processor, everything inside working, but the monitor nothing, and the PC dont want to Boot at all, the PC wasnt OC at the moment, I really dont know what happened, please help guys...

·
Registered
604 Posts
Take the CMOS battery out for 15 seconds then put it back and it should boot...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I cant remove my CMOS Battery, now what, the computer doesnt even Load the Bios, I very worried, plz help

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
Mate... there's nothing dangerous about removing a bios battery. Just do it gently so you don't break anything.
I'd do what Ty Auchter said because this will reset your bios and hopefully undo any change you could have inadvertently made.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
10-4, you guys were right, my system is working perfectly now, the BIOS just checksum error and loaded the defaults, thanks for everything, remenber in this...we all together, thanks alot Cya.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Yea, that happened to me a lot a little while ago too because of unstable RAM alterations I made (I didn't understand RAM timings too well). Like they said, no harm in taking out the battery. All it does it remove the power that is keeping your custom BIOS settings saved, thus setting them back to default.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.