Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About every 2-4 hours my PS3 freezes and I have to hold down the power button to turn it off and then turn it back on. The screen freezes and the music keeps playing but it's frozen, none of the buttons work. I don't mean I play it for 4 hours in a row, I mean it seems like every 2-4 hours this happens( it might be longer, I never timed it, it seems random, but it usually happens right before I am about to win a race that I'm having a hard time winning). It does seem to happen at the end of the race now that I think about it.
Could it just be the game? I have been playing Midnight Club LA for the past 2 weeks or so. I haven't tried another game lately, but could this just be game specific? I never noticed it with any other game before this.

·
Premium Member
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ven0m Blast
View Post

Sounds like overheating to me. Is the ps3 in a cupboard or anywhere where airflow is restricted? Also is the ps3 clogged with dust?

Nah no dust my wife is a neat freak. She dusts it like every 2 weeks. It's not in a cabinet, it's out in the open. Plenty of air flow. It must be the game. I'll try another game.
Might just do a reformat. I was actually thinking of getting a bigger HDD as mine is only 40GB. We'll see, thanks for the replies. Reps all around.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.