Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Is that good, i mean im not an expert on PSU, but my 6600GT has problems and freezes in games and just wanted to know if thats enough power for it

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Your 12 volt is way too low!! AtX specs only allow a slight dip. Is your computer under full load?

My 12 volt is currently right slightly above 12 volts.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
The best wat to mesure is with a volt-meter, simply becuse software is crap for that kind of thing.

for the 6600GT, i would check heat first, then try the power supply.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No its like that all the times usually, and i bout it thinking my generic PSU was bad....this sucks i might have to buy another PSU.....i guess ill have to go to a good one this time....

·
Registered
738 Posts
your 12 volt rail should be at least 12.0volts not 11.3volts. you need a new power supply i think. but i would first test the 12 volt rail with a muiltimeter to see what its actually reading because it's mabee off abit. my generic 330watt power supply is currenty running at 12.1 volts on the 12 rail

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orange

No its like that all the times usually, and i bout it thinking my generic PSU was bad....this sucks i might have to buy another PSU.....i guess ill have to go to a good one this time....

Meh, I went kinda cheap when I got my new psu and got a fortron. Seems stable, 34 amps on 12 volt rail, cheap prices. Don't see how I can go wrong

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradleyl20

your 12 volt rail should be at least 12.5volts not 11.3volts. you need a new power supply i think. but i would first test the 12 volt rail with a muiltimeter to see what its actually reading because it's mabee off abit.

Multimeters....please explain....is it software....and i may combine bot my psu's one for my GPU and the one for everythign else

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orange

Multimeters....please explain....is it software....and i may combine bot my psu's one for my GPU and the one for everythign else

Multimeter is an actual device. You stick on probe to the negative wire and one to the positive and it tells you the voltage and stuff. Learnt about it in Electronics Class

·
Premium Member
3,820 Posts
Multimeter

Besides the 12V being way off, the real testimony to a good PSU is the amperage on the different rails. If you have a "solid" 12V rail but only have 16A on it you could find yourself with a problem (28A minimum these days is what people like to see). Lag on your video won't be due to PSU, it will be due to a slow card or CPU. Low power will cause it to fail, not just stutter.

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by r3tard

Meh, I went kinda cheap when I got my new psu and got a fortron. Seems stable, 34 amps on 12 volt rail, cheap prices. Don't see how I can go wrong

FSP actually makes excellent PSUs! I just put a 450w one in my 2nd rig and I'm liking it. great psu and you can't beat the price... 56 shipped from newegg. of course the psus in my other rigs are better but they cost quite a bit more.
sunbeam nuuo 86
seasonic s12-600 145

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.