Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just moved my rig in to our bedroom and realised how loud the pump is is there any way i can tone down the noise some..the pump i have was a freebie i got when my swiftech died months ago.I was thinkg wraping a a pair of socks around it but IDK what do you guys think<br><br>
PUMP: <a href="http://www.go2marine.com/product.do?no=93250F" target="_blank">http://www.go2marine.com/product.do?no=93250F</a>

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Ooh, I would definitely replace that pump if you have the cash. 1.0 GPM is almost no flow. Unless that thing has amazing pressure and you are using a very restrictive loop, I would try and switch it.<br><br>
It may just be the pump, but I usually have a lot of noise when there is air in my system.<br><br>
If your temps are fine, w/e, but I think you would be wise to replace the pump ASAP for better performance.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
temps are ecxellent right now room temp is 78*f and pc is at26*c it only runs 1*c higher than what my swiftech did<br><br>
And i was gonna get a new 1 but after i order my 2nd 7600gt today and i was on my way to frozencpu and the wife called and need the rest of the$$ i had saved so im stuck with this for now and x-mas coming up....so this one is going to have to last a lil while

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
60 GPH? Not very good at all for a WC pump. You should have like 300+.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well it was a stand in freebie but performs reallywell just loud!

·
Banned
3,194 Posts
wel save up and get a mcp655<br><br>
you could try taking it aprart and oiling everything if you want to waste a day of cpmputer use

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looks like no night gaming for me untill after x-mas..in the day its not that bad the kids kinda drown it out lol but at night wow is it loud

·
Premium Member
7,891 Posts
i know the swifttechs you can use a fan controller but with that flow i wouldnt lower it any by doing that, try mounting it on some rubber washers- sometimes this helps absorb the vibration<br><br>
also since these guys are cooled by the water they pump you could try making a housing for it with sound dampening material nothing to radical just a little box but thats depending on space requirements

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ll ready have it on rubber pad its just the pump design it self. my next custom wood case is in the works and there will be a seperate compartment just for the pumps....but owell the wife will probally make me put it back in the office thanks for the input guys if anybody has anyideal let me know

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
depends what on the market when i get the money but will post here and ask what best when time comes

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts
<div style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px">Quote:</div>
<table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="99%">
<tr>
<td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset">

<div>
Originally Posted by <strong>genhoe</strong>

</div>
<div style="font-style:italic">I just moved my rig in to our bedroom and realised how loud the pump is is there any way i can tone down the noise some..the pump i have was a freebie i got when my swiftech died months ago.I was thinkg wraping a a pair of socks around it but IDK what do you guys think<br />
<br />
PUMP: <a href="http://www.go2marine.com/product.do?no=93250F" target="_blank">http://www.go2marine.com/product.do?no=93250F</a></div>

</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div> If you dont already have it mounted on rubber grommets or pad try that first. Dont wrap socks or anything like that around it, that would just overheat it..Make sure it's not touching something that might be causing a vibration...

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yes it is on rubber pad and no it is not touching anything

1 - 13 of 13 Posts