Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you check this its running at 53% fan speed cpu temp does not go over 50 degree, but r9 290x running the division 1440p hitting 94 degree at max!! Getting so stressed because of this. Been trying to configure case fans to lower the temp, but doesn't really work.
What should I do?

·
Iconoclast
30,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UBCEngineering View Post

If you check this its running at 53% fan speed cpu temp does not go over 50 degree, but r9 290x running the division 1440p hitting 94 degree at max!! Getting so stressed because of this. Been trying to configure case fans to lower the temp, but doesn't really work.
What should I do?
You don't need to do anything.

94C is the target temp for these parts and the fan speed does not ramp up significantly until 94C, at which point it ramps up to keep the card at 94C. At stock clocks and voltages, 94C load is not going to harm anything.

If you want the card to run cooler, you can set up a custom fan profile in 3rd party software.
Quote:
Might reduce the fan speed needed to maintain 94C, but unless it's a dramatic undervolt (which is not likely to be stable), the auto fan slope still won't keep the GPU from getting to 94C because the target temperature is 94C, by default.

He would need to edit the fan slope as well.

·
Registered
50 Posts
100% will make your ears bleed. 65% or so would be a better starting point. Stock is around 47% if I remember right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts