Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well to start off there are three Xbox systems the Core, Premium, and Elite the basic model is the Core system which starts at 300$ and includes the wired controller and standard AV jack which does not let you go high def, the Pro of the system is that it is only 300$ and you save a few dollars. Con The system has no memory and does not allow for games to be saved which stinks, but the major con is that if you game online you need to by a external memory unit which costs 40$ for a 64MB card 100$ for a 20 GB HD or 180$ for a 120 GB HD, which kills the whole savings, if you plan to buy the hard drive then your wasting money you get a wired controller and a white CD tray, which doesn't affect gaming.

The Premium system is 400$ and includes a wireless controller, a 20 GB hard drive(most come with only 11-15 GB) the premium is the best of both worlds when compared to the other models in price and performance of gaming. The only real thing you need is a charger for 20$ if you want, to it is not needed.

The Xbox 360 Elite is the newest System out on the market, it is almost identical to the Premium the only difference is the color the Elite is a nice and sharp looking black, which really blends really well and gives the system a ****y nice look, the only performance gain is that the Elite runs cooler, it includes HDMI 1.2 and it includes a 120GB HD which for people who want to download movies from Xbox live this is a much needed thing. I believe that if you want a real entertainment system with all the perks that you should shell out the extra 80$ or 180$ for a Xbox 360 Elite.

I have had a Xbox Core and a Premium all of which I have sold or broke(Core system 3 Red light problem) I plan to get the Elite soon.

Hope this helps your out in your decision.

Just a N00B

·
Registered
736 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by IcedEarth View Post
I'm beginning to wonder if you people kick your Xbox' down the stairs

I've had mine for nigh on 6 mnths now i think and it has served me well with no hick ups what so ever. I got the premium pack.
I baby mine and im still on the phone getting things replaced with Microsoft all the time, it sucks.

I want one of the ones you have. the ones that dont break

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
my xbox360 just wont play any game/movie used or new now, no red rings of death, just fails to read the games/movies, got it last feb or march so it lasted little over a year before it crapped out, now i gotta wait 2 weeks to see whats wrong with it, if they refuse to fix it (no idea why they would) but IF they do refuse...ill just pick up the elite

1 - 6 of 6 Posts