Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, with all of the warranty story's going around, I thought I'd share my experience with a RMA of a set of DDR2 2x1GB Crucial Ballistix Tracers that I bought like 2 years ago. I've never herd of any good or bad things about their RMA service, so it should be interesting. I believe all their products have lifetime warranty, so I expect to be treated well.

RMA Request sent at 6:35 on September 22.

RMA # Revived at 2:31 on September 23.
-The RMA detailed that it was for only one stick, and that the new stick I'd be getting would be their latest model. I phoned in, and detailed that both sticks were bad, the lady I talked just just asked for my RMA Number, and had it changed withing 10 seconds. She apologized for the inconvenience and I was on my marry way.
Sent my RMA Package in to Crucial on September 23.

RMA Department Revived my Package on October 5.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane1244 View Post
Well, with all of the warranty story's going around, I thought I'd share my experience with a RMA of a set of DDR2 2x1GB Crucial Ballistix Tracers that I bought like 2 years ago. I've never herd of any good or bad things about their RMA service, so it should be interesting. I believe all their products have lifetime warranty, so I expect to be treated well.

RMA Request sent at 6:35 on September 22.
Their RMA process is phenominal, I've had to RMA a couple of sets of DDR1 with them...and the fact that all their tech support is in the US is awesome. Both times the guys I've talked to on the phone were really cool.

They even gave me a specific set of DDR1 that I wanted, that was more overclocker friendly than a revision they did of the same kit (double sided dimms in the older sets vs the single sided dimms in the newer ones)

I would almost recommend that anyone pays the extra money if they can afford it to go Crucial just because of how painless and well done their customer support is.

·
Premium Member
4,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Updated!

All the juicy stuff should be soon, when the receive my package, when they send out my package, and when I receive, it.

·
Premium Member
4,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Updated, they just received my package. They sent me a email.

·
Super Moderator
32,930 Posts
Crucial's RMA policy is pretty solid. The ONLY thing that was ever bad with Crucial was their 1GB Ballistix and Tracers sticks. They seemed to go bad at rated voltages. Mainly the single sided versions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts