Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
PC Enthusiast
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was using my Samsung Galaxy S4 earlier today, and I played a game that shouldn't really be that demanding (Robot unicorn attack 2)

My S4 got Really hot to around the Camera area, I let my mom touch it and she dragged her and away so fast that I nearly dropped the phone, she also said "ouch",

I am not sure how hot it actually was, but it was not comfortable one bit. thoughts?

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
I see your in Norway, so you likely have the international version. That's the 8 core version yes? I have only seen my S4 get hot using the GPS, Wifi, and phone all at the same time. Other than that it's negligible.

·
PC Evangelist
47,375 Posts
Thats what you get when you have plastic + High Clocked CPU. My Nexus 4 aslo get hot when i game. Using a case helps.

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
i9500 or i9505??

If you have the i9500 make sure that you update to the latest firmware available (Last three characters should be MG1, MG5 or MG9).

·
back at it
4,765 Posts
I\ve had worse.
2 3DMark tests after each other, under the sun next to the sea (it was on the beach).

·
PC Enthusiast
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its the 4 core i9505 i have

·
Banned
10,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er View Post

Thats what you get when you have plastic + High Clocked CPU. My Nexus 4 aslo get hot when i game. Using a case helps.
lol, my plastic laptop cools better then every macbook out there. that poorly engineered garbage is a disgrace!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts