Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna spray my side panel and top red. And if i manage to cut a nice "ATI" word logo template, i will have it done on my side window too.

Something like this. (dont mind the angle and the wording. It wont be like that when i do it. Just giving you an idea what it will be like)

Sorry for the ugly drawing

My case is already back, and a sandy like surface, those who owns the CM430 would know that. So i wont have to worry about air bubbles and stuff. The paint will absorb nicely.

As for the ATI logo, i need to google a nice size template so i can sketch out and cut the template. This part abit hard, size must be just nice.

Im more confident with spray paints, as im very good at spray painting. I cant afford air brush and dont wanna waste my money on powder coating.

So please recommend me a good spray paint to use. I was thinking Nippon Pylox, but i will consider trying what you guys recommend me

Edit: This is the one i will be sketching and cutting out. Because the size is just just nice. I dont have a printer so , i cant print it.

·
3DFX User
7,278 Posts
Rustolem should work fine. Just free hand the ATI it will be more gangsta that way,

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
nice
i did the same cept with nvidia
i printed logo on paper then glued it to cardboard then cut it out
tho ul have to be abit careful with the letters
since A cant be fully cut out i solved it by leaving it atached then cuting out another line and spray painting a line over the place

i just used the cans i found in the shop
works perfectly fine
ps i also did chinese text on my pc

free handing spray paint

i wrecked my old beige case like that
tried xfx logo became a baloon thingy

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
I would personally try to free hand the logo as well, just because its so blocky i bet you can make it look really nice.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well im not good at free-handing design paintaing. My art skills sucks. That is why i need a template.

I will spray at a distance, so that the paint on the words wont spread like a baloon. very thin layer by layer till i get it right.

Besides, my casing is black, if i dont like it or the words dosent turn out well, i can just overlap it with the red paint.

About the free hand thing, you mean use a marker =S ?? I might ask my sister for help on those. Shes good at art =D

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sure. I will upload some pictures when its done. Guess ill stick with the nippon pylox then.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
rust-oleum is what i was recommended when i did this.

its also recommended in plenty of guides, you should be fine with what your using though, or rust-oleum or duplicolor

1 - 9 of 9 Posts