Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My asaka 40mm chipset fan and my Thermaltake Blue Orb 2 arrived today. The only thing bothering me is that it is still running 42c under load, my stock one ran 50c under load. So my m8 said it will improve when the paste dries. Is that right, or you wreckon im doing somthing wrong.

·
Premium Member
6,685 Posts
You're complaining about it being 42 C at load? But regardless of that, you MIGHT, keyword might, see a small drop in temps once the AS5 cures, we are talking like 1-2 degrees C

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i didnt buy AS5, its just the stuff that came with it. no 42 is good, i just kind of wondered if it would be lower. As i clocked it back to stock speeds before i fit it, so my point is its 42c at load, on stock speeds.

·
Premium Member
6,685 Posts
Get some AS5, it is probably better than what came with it, nix that, it is better, and it only costs like 3 bucks.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea, i will get some when i order my PSU later. do you reckon i put too much of this stuff on?

so annoying though, cos i wanted AS5 in the first place and it was out of stock so i left it

alright thanks for the help

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
woh, i put way too much of the other stuff on then. I like completely spread it. Ill be more careful when reaplying the AS5

1 - 8 of 8 Posts