Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Waffles
can anyone tell me what my next upgrade should be?
I would say the next upgrade can be upgrading to PC4000

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mfillpot
I would say the next upgrade can be upgrading to PC4000
And then water cooling so you can take advantage of all the extra overclocking headroom.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil XP2400
And then water cooling so you can take advantage of all the extra overclocking headroom.
Good point, if you are running stock fans, you need to move up, with how expensive your system currently seems I think you may be one of the few that can afford the $900 needed to get a Prometia MAch II, if that is the case I say go for it.

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Good point, if you are running stock fans, you need to move up, with how expensive your system currently seems I think you may be one of the few that can afford the $900 needed to get a Prometia MAch II, if that is the case I say go for it.
i saved up for months + christmas money. i cant afford that thing. im only 15 and i have no job lol. but i wish

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

i saved up for months + christmas money. i cant afford that thing. im only 15 and i have no job lol. but i wish
You would be able to afford it before I can, but hte recommendation are:

PC4000
extreme cooling
Sound card
sound system

If you need any help finding parts like the type of part and you budget and we will help.

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crash
Have you overclocked this beast yet?
no i dont know how. i had to get the thing built so it would work. i fried the mobo vid card and hardcano

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

can i do it all for $600?

possibly, but it won't be of the best quality, let focus on one part at a time.

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

possibly, but it won't be of the best quality, let focus on one part at a time.

ok well speakers should be first i think. i was lookin and logitech z-5500 klipsch promedia 5.1 and creative gigaworks 7.1

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

ok well speakers should be first i think. i was lookin and logitech z-5500 klipsch promedia 5.1 and creative gigaworks 7.1

I would go with the creative gigaworks 7.1

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil XP2400

And then he can sell his current memory which should drop the total costs of the new stuff.

i cant do this for about 5 months

·
Registered
271 Posts
Don't upgrade the memory if those are the Corsair 3200XL then they use the Samsung TCCD chips and you should be able to overclock with them no problem. Most people can get them to PC4000 without any problems.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts