(2) big ass 256mb 7800 GTX's
Silverstone 600watt power supply
AMD 64 3700 San Diego 2.8Ghz
2GB Corsair XMS 2-2-2-5
(2) 74GB raptors
X-Fi soundcard
AMD SLI Deluxe

Video of Setup...

Here is what 4lbs of video cards look like...

The Finished Product shown with the wind tunnel over CPU...

The Front of the Silverstone Case...

LOL I added a few fans to cool the 7800GTX's that I overclocked hella...

Pic with Glass Side Panel on...

Pic with Side Panel off...

The Setup Lights off...

2300 watt Digital THX sound system powered by Harmon Kardon and JBL with Optical out from Creative's X-Fi Technology, I hear everthing LOL ...

Glass Mouse Pad by www.ICEMAT.com MX510 modified and a fan to prevent sweaty hand during intense gaming sessions

MTX Sub's?....

Grolsch Beer :mrgreen:

Cans
Sennheiser HD 595's which have incrediable sound detail and are soo comfortable I don't even feel them on my head.

$90 @ Fry's Electronics Silverstone TJ06 Case

$830 sniped from ebay for (2) big ass 7800 GTX's

$150 @ Fry's E;ectronics for Silverstone 600watt power supply , I may return it though for a different OCZ powersupply.

$235 @ Fry's Electronics for AMD 64 3700 San Diego 1024k OC'd from 2.2 to 2.8 Here is the link for it ... Fry's 3700 Price

$140 for 1GB Corsair XMS 2-2-2-5I bought it @ cost when I worked for CompUSA.

$260 @ Fry's Electronics for (2) 74GB raptors setup in RAID 0

$120 @ Fry's Electronics for the X-Fi soundcard

$200 @ Fry's Electronics for the AMD SLI Deluxe

Total Cost to build was $2025 for a PC IMO that is faster then the best Alienware or Dell XPS custom PC thats available on the maket.

Here the specs on the sound system...
  • $500 for the VTF-3 MK 2 12" 700watt HSU Subwoofer that I have set to play at 20hz
  • $480 for the Harmon Kardon AVR 430 7.1 910watt Receiver
  • $120 for (4) JBL E20 Northridge series Speakers that are used for Left and Right Fronts and Rears.
  • $100 for the Infinity Primus C25 Center Channel Speaker
Total Cost for sound system is $1200.

The 12" sub is my pride and joy of the entire sound system, when playing at 20hz near 3'4 power it draws soo much power I had to run an extension cord from another room that is on a seperate breaker to prevent the breaker to flip thats for my room

This Sub was the Stereophile Guide to Home Theater 2003 Editor's Choice Gold Award Winner pretty much that means it OWNS!

I have actually cracked the wall in my room with this sound system due to the xtreme SPL of this setup.

__________________________________________________ ________________________

My new 120mm fans just came in tonight from USPS, they are 120mm, 2500rpm, with a output of 77CFM. These things really move alot of Air I have 3 of them in my case for the Intake, Video Cards, and Exhaust...

If your looking for some new fans check out this site, they sleeve the cables in UV reactive mesh for free http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...oducts_id=2939

enjoy

Wallpaper Size...

1024x768 - http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a54.../Diego1024.jpg
1280x1024 - http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a54.../Diego1280.jpg
1600x1200 - http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a54.../Diego1600.jpg

Current Settings ....
1280x1024 @ 100hz
Directx 9
AA = 2x
AF = 8x
Dynamic Lights = High
Shadows = Yes
Soften Smoke Shadows = Everything
Texture Settings = EXTRA

Temp's stayed below 50c on GPU's during benchamark...

What's your drink of choice?

Im sure most of you guys get a buz going on when gaming ..
Tastes good goes down easy ,,,,
Cranberry juice and Vodka

LOL 3 hours later ......

Here is the new card my buddy just got, its a x1900xt, and its amazing!!!

This is what my overall setup looks like now...

Here is my desk, I just serviced my 13,000 BTU AC Unit to get ready
for summer and made a custom window kit to exhaust the hot air.
I still need to paint it black, but you get the idea....

To cool the PC when doing hella overclocking what I do is just turn the fins to the right
and then open the front of the case and the air gets sucked right in with the 120mm
80cfm fan and 80mm 45cfm fan. I can keep my room around 62 deg with this unit.

Here is a updated pic that shows tv better connected to 360 and new layout for the setup...

Having the Senn 595's amped by the Harmopn Kardon is amazing...

I changed the way the AC unit exhausts the hot air. The hose in the old setup was creating alot of heat so I made the hose only 1 foot and then insulated it and made a hole so that I could keep the blinds down of the window, it dropped room temps another 4 deg, so I'm around 69.8 to 72.5 avg. for room temps...

Here is the inside of the case again...

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evolutionsentra

Posted in the wrong forum, but oh well. I have the corsair XMS ram, it's alright but I'm ditching it for some g.skill Doesn't overclock very well.

oops, it if they think its needed I'm sure a mod will move
Thought that AMD would be the correct spot.

I was running my Corsair XMS 3200 XL memory at 240mhz with 2-2-2-5, but your right it wasn't stable at that high of an OC. So what I''m doing now is just leaving it at 200mhz with 2-2-2-5 then using 333 in DRAM Coniguration with 255x11 HT=4 for a 2.8Ghz OC on the chip, its very stable no crashes yet after 9 hours of prime95.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by coelacanth

[email protected] You scored some captain insane-o deals and the overall setup is fantastic. The mouse fan and the cranberry vodka gaming session were hilarious. The Half-Life 2 chair mat is over the top! Awesome work.

LOL thanks! It's nice having friends that work at Fry's Electronics and CompUSA. The Chair mat is some 3/4" plexiglass that I picked up from Home Depot, I just put the HL2 Carboard poster under it. My friend at CompUSA gets me all the cool Nvidia demo signs / game posters. I have sold many on ebay in the past.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evolutionsentra

Some people have girlfriends some people have $2k-$3k PC's, unfortunately I have both.

Thats a good thing bro

Hey how did ya get your 3200 to over 3Ghz?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ahh vapochill? or custom built? Does the Newcastle 3200 OC about the same as you chip with a phase control unit?

·
Premium Member
2,825 Posts
Man your sound on that system is insane. 2300W, you must crap yourself everytime you sit down to play. I wish I would have emphasized more on sound when I built mine, because 70% of the time I'm just listening to music.

gotta love that chair mat. You know anywhere I could get a HL2 poster like that?

I noticed you have like 3 PC's in that pic. What are the other ones for?

oh yeah, your computer is my wallpaper.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlaKing

Man your sound on that system is insane. 2300W, you must crap yourself everytime you sit down to play. I wish I would have emphasized more on sound when I built mine, because 70% of the time I'm just listening to music.

gotta love that chair mat. You know anywhere I could get a HL2 poster like that?

I noticed you have like 3 PC's in that pic. What are the other ones for?

oh yeah, your computer is my wallpaper.

Cool wallpaper bro

I have everything networked with a NETGEAR GS608 8 Port Gigabit Desktop Switch and a Belkin Pre-N router.

The smaller old Grey/Black tower is a old HP W2K with a small form factor P4 2.66Ghz chip 768mb PC2700. It is my 1/2 terrabyte file server. I have (2) 250Gb maxtors in there and a gigabyte NIC.

Also have a spare gaming machine for the LANS I host its a Athlon 64 3200 Newcastle OC'd to 2.4 1GB 3200 Corsair Value Select with a 6800GT PCI-E It's shown in the below images with the power supply that I took 7 hours to sleeve in UV green. This was before you could purhcase them pre sleeved.

Also have a dell Optiplex GX260 P4 2.0Ghz Media Center PC connected to the 42" tube TV... it have loaded up the windows media center OS on it with a ATI TV Tuner card. Has 160GB drive but gets most of its stuff from my half a terabyte file server.

Hell ya man the audio setup is such an intense sound stage to immerse yourself in when gaming I sometimes turn the sub up soo loud I feel my pants moving from the air flow that the sub is creating.

Well I allready sold all of my posters on ebay, they were very limited to only stores like ComUSA and BestBuy that recieved limited amounts of Special Edition Display Demos for HL2 when it was released. You can pick up a standard poster though off of ebay for 10 dollars ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/HALF-LIFE-2-GAME...ayphotohosting

Close up of the Plexiglass...

My old setup w/ 140cfm sucking air in from outside into modded side panel...

My old setup again, shown with one of my 7800GTX's in it, but now has a 6800GT in it since both the 7800's are in my main unit...

Gotta keep it cool...

Harmon Kardon/Mitsubishi 42" 300lb...

All of the DVD's in the above image are "Backup Copies" that I made, each blank case was 1.00 dollar each DVD was 80cents and about $1.00 dollar for ink and photo matte paper/ 360 DVD's total. Recently Ive been just ripping to my file server then stream em to my media center pc. Hafta use up that half a terabyte in the file server somehow or another

You can get every single DVD cover from www.cdcovers.cc

Enjoy the pics

·
Registered
16 Posts
that's a pretty monster setup man... and your pcmark scores are pretty nuts too. I gotta get off my lazy college ass and start working again; you inspired me

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
That setup is insane... almost 30k on 3DMark03 with stock CPU settings!!! I was doing all I could to break 8k...

You could do nothing but OC that and still be able to play everything like... 3-4 years from now...

Oh, and I'm guessing your PC is worth more than my car. xD

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.