Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the moment i have..

CPU- i5 2500k with a artic cooler currently overclocked at 4k.
GPU - 6950 2gb
RAM - G Skill 8G(2x4G)DDR3 1600Mhz PC3-12800 CL8
HDD & SSD - HDD just 1TB and SSD is 64GB Crucial M
Monitor - 8 year old monitor with 5ms response.. BENQ V2400W
Sound card - xonar dg
Case - CM 690 II Advanced NVIDIA Edition
Motherboard - ASrock z68 Extreme3 Gen3

Im looking to buy a...

BenQ 2430t monitor
GPU in June
Corsair Obsidian 750D
Corsair H100i V2
Samsung 250GB SSD 850 EVO
plus another 8gb of Ram corresponding with my original 8gb

Anything else I'm overlooking or could replace?

Thanks

·
What should be here ?
5,741 Posts
If all you do is game, I'd keep the RAM to 8GB, let the processor, the cooler be if they work great, and upgrade the monitor to atleast a 1440p screen and a better GPU. You can keep the same case if you're only looking aesthetic changes. If you still want to upgrade, I'd do it after I have taken care of the GPU, monitor, SSD. Also, what PSU do you have ?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
750w psu. My case right now has a lot of dust in it . I had to bend my case to fit in a 390 so,my case is pret meh

·
I've no idea what I'm doi
2,240 Posts
If you're only gaming, then yeah, leave the RAM at 8GB. I can't say I'd recommend the Hydro CLCs anymore. Swiftech H220-X, EK Predator, once they're withing your budget. A better GPU from the Polaris or Pascal lineup should be your choice in June. And while the 750D is a wonderful case, my own preference leads towards fractal design or NZXT, so you can take a look at those too.
Also, which 750W?

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,214 Posts
Can you get Swiftech? In the US, the H220-X2 is only a few dollars more than the H100i, and a world away in performance and noise. Unless there is a seriously dramatic price difference, buying a CLC is downright foolish.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacGTX View Post

then you bought a 390?
I had a 390 from last year but sold it recently and use my old gpu. I couldn't find any Swiftech in Australia. This Country is garbage lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts