28,680 Posts

·
Programmer
28,680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith Phantasm View Post

How about someone help me instead?
biggrin.gif
It's not unheard of to see polling fluctuations based on the speed of mouse movement. So like I said, It's a yes from me.....

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyW View Post

Quote:

How about someone help me instead?
biggrin.gif
It's not unheard of to see polling fluctuations based on the speed of mouse movement. So like I said, It's a yes from me.....
Polling fluctuations that changes with speed of mouse movement means an inconsistent cursor feeling which destroys the whole point of having a "gaming mouse"

·
Registered
266 Posts
Quote:

Polling fluctuations that changes with speed of mouse movement means an inconsistent cursor feeling which destroys the whole point of having a "gaming mouse"
Try again but do not slow the mouse down at all, keep a constant fast as possible speed. Ideally it should only drop noticeably when you slow it down on purpose and that's normal for any mouse. If it still drops at a fast speed when testing, try doing the same at 2ms (500Hz) and see if it still drops. The best rate will be the lowest you can bare where that's happening less.

·
Programmer
28,680 Posts
Quote:

Nope.

Polling rate decreases when mouse speed movement decreases.

That's how it is.

Gaming Mice are designed to be consistent in their "tracking accuracy and no accelerated movements", not the polling rate.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by etplayer View Post

Quote:

Try again but do not slow the mouse down at all, keep a constant fast as possible speed. Ideally it should only drop noticeably when you slow it down on purpose and that's normal for any mouse. If it still drops at a fast speed when testing, try doing the same at 2ms (500Hz) and see if it still drops. The best rate will be the lowest you can bare where that's happening less.
It happens with all rates. I am moving it around very fast on my mousepad. On my G303 and G400S its a constant 990-1010hz. For my Xornet 2 its maxed out at 930hz.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Quote:

It happens with all rates. I am moving it around very fast on my mousepad. On my G303 and G400S its a constant 990-1010hz. For my Xornet 2 its maxed out at 930hz.
I'd say it doesn't have a stable polling rate at all then. What's the model of the mouse with the problem?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Xornet 2. Im using an released firmware (prerelease 1.03). I have already notified a CM representative of the issue. Hopefully they will fix it with their upcoming finalized 1.03 firmware.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Quote:

Xornet 2. Im using an released firmware (prerelease 1.03). I have already notified a CM representative of the issue. Hopefully they will fix it with their upcoming finalized 1.03 firmware.
Oh well, at least there's a chance they'll listen and fix it I suppose
smile.gif

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Yep. CM is usually good with listening to consumers. My only concern is if the MCU can actually handle 1000hz. If its a hardware limitation there's not much they can do. But hope is not lost because Spawn 2 pub 3366 dream.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Quote:

Yep. CM is usually good with listening to consumers. My only concern is if the MCU can actually handle 1000hz. If its a hardware limitation there's not much they can do. But hope is not lost because Spawn 2 pub 3366 dream.
Spawn 2 I guess that must be another CM mouse with a planned/rumoured release?

Wouldn't mind seeing more of 3366 appearing to see how they hold up, preferably in a zowie or roccat.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts