Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Does this look normal with a Q9550 and GTX 260? (STOCK)

UPDATE
According to the OCN my vantage score is normal.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by ocaddikt
View Post

Looks about right, stock 260? Is the CPU overclocked?

good good! yes its stock for now.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Here are my scores with mild gpu overclock(previous score) and about the max I could get for the current 683/1472/1172

·
Registered
135 Posts
There are two kinds of GTX260. One with 192 SP and the other one with 216 SP, and my previous GTX260 is the later one. The score of 3Dmark Vantage is P11525 which is better than yours, but i think my cpu is i5-750. So your score is normal, dont worry XD

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm getting like random drops in fps in counter strike. Sometimes it goes down to 30 than jumps back to 250 constantly. How in the world is my vantage score normal. I'm so confused.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by ocaddikt
View Post

You shouldnt have any problems with CSS, maybe a driver issue. what drivers are you using?

The newest drivers from nvidia. 257.21_desktop_win7_winvista_64bit_english_whql

·
Looking Ahead
13,043 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by qTAP
View Post

Does this look normal with a Q9550 and GTX 260? (STOCK)

With everything at stock, your score seems normal

I get 5,6k with 9800GTX+ at stock and 12,5k with my GTX 285 at stock GPU score (also Q9550 at stock
)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey i'm usually just a lurker but I thought I'd make an exception for you're post

I'm assuming you've expirienced the "update" CS:S went through acouple days ago, well that's the root of your problem.

You're hardware is fine and nothing is wrong, it's CS thats wonky... EVERYONE is experiencing FPS lag and it's because of the buggy, glitchy, horrendous update they released the other day.

figured i'd clear that up for you rather than having everyone hum and haw over you're (fine) hardware

a long time css gamer

VwDetour

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

Originally Posted by VwDetour
View Post

Hey i'm usually just a lurker but I thought I'd make an exception for you're post

I'm assuming you've expirienced the "update" CS:S went through acouple days ago, well that's the root of your problem.

You're hardware is fine and nothing is wrong, it's CS thats wonky... EVERYONE is experiencing FPS lag and it's because of the buggy, glitchy, horrendous update they released the other day.

figured i'd clear that up for you rather than having everyone hum and haw over you're (fine) hardware

a long time css gamer

VwDetour

I had the same componets before, and I didnt lag. Since I got the new motherboard, i'm lagging pretty badly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ive got the Q9505 with an ati HD5770 and I have no issue what-so-ever. But then again, I have my config files setup to deal with the new update.

Check out the thread here and try some of the fixes they have. I had the same issue for a little while, and with some config tweaking i ended up fixing it. Also, on the second post, where it talks about adding "-threads 4" to your launch options that really helped.

I'll show you my autoexec.cfg file:

Quote:

cl_allowdownload "1"
cl_allowupload "1"
rate "30000"
cl_updaterate "67"
cl_cmdrate "67"
cl_downloadfilter "nosounds"
cl_interp "0.0151515"
cl_interpolate "1"
cl_lagcomp_errorcheck "1"
cl_lagcompensation "1"
cl_smooth "1"
cl_smoothtime "0.01"
cl_resend "2"
cl_interp_ratio "1"
cl_interp_all "0"
fps_max "200"

thats what I have in mine and i havent had any issues since changing it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts