Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guy like the title says. The new tdu2 is coming out next month and my card is at the min. the rest of my ring is fine. the spec are in my sign. Is there anyway of getting one of the newer graphic cards with out changing the motherbord, ram and the proc.?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,389 Posts
Totally. Get a GTX460 or a HD5850 and you will be good to go for a while longer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
572 Posts
What kind of PCI-e port does it have? I can't find it on newegg and i'm lazy lol.

Is it PCI-e 1.0, or, 2.0

Its may be 1.0?

Edit.. Boredom made me do a goole search. I would go with the above and get a GTX 460 or a Radeon HD 5870 or something.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,503 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by dembo1305
View Post

What kind of PCI-e port does it have? I can't find it on newegg and i'm lazy lol.

Is it PCI-e 1.0, or, 2.0

Its may be 1.0?

Edit.. Boredom made me do a goole search. I would go with the above and get a GTX 460 or a Radeon HD 5870 or something.

I wouldn't even touch the HD5xxx series now that the HD6xxx series is out, and this is coming from someone with 2 5870's

OP: You would do well with a GTX460 or a HD6850.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool I thought I was going to have a problem because everything is DDR3 Memory. Mines only a DDR2.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813188024

PCI Express 2.0 x16 (3)

PCI Express x1 (1)

PCI Slots (2)

My card is in a PCI 2 slot right now. The game wants my card as min and they say use the GTX 280

I was thinking can I use this GTX 580 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130590
with my ring? IF so that would be so great!!! then the graphic card is good for three more years.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,503 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by mikecsti
View Post

Cool I thought I was going to have a problem because everything is DDR3 Memory. Mines only a DDR2.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813188024

PCI Express 2.0 x16 (3)

PCI Express x1 (1)

PCI Slots (2)

My card is in a PCI 2 slot right now. The game wants my card as min and they say use the GTX 280

I was thinking can I use this GTX 580 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130590
with my ring? IF so that would be so great!!! then the graphic card is good for three more years.

Yeah, you could use that but IMO I would never throw down $520 on a single graphics card, there are much better price/performance cards.

And with the extra money, you could save for a future processor upgrade, or a monitor upgrade.

Though that is probably the fastest single card you can get.

Or you can save some money, get a normal reference GTX580 and overclock it yourself and save $20 ~ $30
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,644 Posts
Get a GTX 460. They're amazing cards. Overclocked, mine gets close to a stock GTX 470's performace (minus the 280MB of VRAM...).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,343 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by corky dorkelson
View Post

Totally. Get a GTX460 or a HD5850 and you will be good to go for a while longer.

No real reason to get a 5850 anymore considering the 6850 is about the same performance, if not better than the 5850 and is cheaper.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,229 Posts
ontopic: get an hd6850 or gtx 460 1gb both will work fine and u can sli/cf later...both options scale pretty well in sli/cf...
offtopic:why are u typing rig as ring everytime.....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,261 Posts
6870 offers the current best value option on performance
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,330 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by dembo1305
View Post

What kind of PCI-e port does it have? I can't find it on newegg and i'm lazy lol.

Is it PCI-e 1.0, or, 2.0

Its may be 1.0?

Edit.. Boredom made me do a goole search. I would go with the above and get a GTX 460 or a Radeon HD 5870 or something.


Its a 780i mobo... its 2.0
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well that is a lot. I did drop 500 on the last card. I was looking a the gtx 570 but there all sold out right now. but if there is a new one coming out I'll wait and see how they all do and see what i want. I'm not a big fan of the ATI cards because my rig had nothing but problems with those cards.

my other problem is I cant use the two cards I do not have the room. Well one slot is my wi fi, the other is the sound card and one is the video card but its so big it covers the other slot. unless there not as think now but I do not think so.

polm: that ati card is for a 2.1 slot. I do not have that unless its the same as the 2.0 slot.

ghost_z: sorry I have no idea I'm out of it today this cold is killing me:(

thanks guys Now I'm happy. I was thinking I had to drop 1600 on new parts:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
guys the 570 is back in stock.

I was thinking do I get one evga 580 or maybe two evga 570? What would preforum better? If I go with two 570 that $738. the 580 is $528. Is it worth it? and will my power supple be good for running both cards?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecsti;12077451
guys the 570 is back in stock.

I was thinking do I get one evga 580 or maybe two evga 570? What would preforum better? If I go with two 570 that $738. the 580 is $528. Is it worth it? and will my power supple be good for running both cards?
All you need is one GTX 570 really, unless you wanna go all out
gunner2.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hmmm well I should say Im also getting a 27" lcd screan too. so maybe two would be better. I have never ran two, whats the real performace of running two do? pros and cons.

ok so a 800w pwer supples ok then. hows running two and what there power supple? because somebody said on newegg that u need a 850w min. i just want to make should before i order.

and can i run two of the 570 right next to one another? they will not get to hot? because the one fan would be right next to the back of the other card.

well this mite kill running two cards. i have three sli express slots and there green. im using one. I have two sli slots that are black. one hold my sound card and the other is my wireless card. if I use another sli express slot(green) i will block one of the sti black slots. So can I put the sound card in the other green slot then or no becauser there for video cards only?
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top