Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i FINALLY am getting the case i need to fit my passive watercooling setup - my antec 900 didn't hold my watercooling and now i will FINALLY be able to fit it in ^_^.

so this is my setup, will post picks when i get the case hopefully by this weekend (its in postage from pccasegear.com).
this is all just to cool my i7 920 D0 which is currently @ 4.2GHz on a Mega Shadow Deluxe.
this is my setup to be:
Swiftech MCP655-B 12V Pump
Swiftech Apogee GTZ SE CPU Waterblock
6 Bitspower G1/4 Silver Diamond 1/2 High Flow Fitting
TFC Xchanger - Triple Radiator 360
Zalman ZM-G200 Anti-Corrosion Coolant
Arctic Silver 5 (3.5g)
Feser Tube Active UV Hose 1/2 ID UV Acid Green 2.5m
Corsair Obsidian Series 800D Case
4 CoolerMaster Silent Green LED Fan 120mm
Polypropylene T 1/2" Fitting
2 Cold Cathode Extension Cable
Bitspower Dual 20cm Cold Cathode Kit Green

specs of the rig that it will go in:
Intel Core i7 920 D0 @ 4.2GHz on a mega shadow deluxe
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2
6GB (3 x 2GB) G.Skill PI DDR3 1600MHz
Pioneer Blu-Ray writer
Antec 900
GTX 280 custom clocks
WD 750GB (boot)
Seagate Barracuda 1TB (storage)
Seagate Barracuda 1TB (movie storage)
BenQ G2400WD 24" HD LCD
Acer 27" LCD TV (spare)
Acer 24" LCD (secondary)
Logitech G15
Razer Lycosa(spare)
Razer Lachesis
Razer Deathadder V2 (spare)
Amptac Pyramid 1000W
Windows 7 X64, Windows Vista X64, Ubuntu 9.04 X64 (triple boot)

·
STG3 VET
13,127 Posts

·
Banned
1,456 Posts
I would get the vario pump. You'll get much higher flowrates for only a bit more cash.

While the sapphire is cheaper, he's in Australia, and I don't think newegg ships overseas. The GTZ is fine, but if you can, try and get a Heatkiller LT or CU

At what RPM are you gonna set your fans at? Because at about 1400 RPM, the swiftech mcr320, TFC360, Thermochill PA120.3, and XSPC RX360 perform about the same.

You won't need the corrosion inhibitor. Your not running any mixed metal's in your loop.

If you can try to find tubing thats 7/16". It'll be a bit smaller, but will fit over those bitspower fittings much better.

It looks like your using a T line. Remember to also get a stop fitting for it.

As for the fans, I would try and get some gentle typhoons or s-flexes.

And as juggalo stated, IC7 is probably the best TIM right now. Some other pastes that are really good are Arctic Cooling MX-3, Gelid GC Extreme, and OCZ freeze.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo23451
View Post

The Sapphire Rev A is better than the gtz and is only 35.00 buck

IC Diamond or OCZ freeze is a better thermal compound

XSPX Rx360 same performance as the feser rad but cheaper
http://www.tilatech.com/products/XSP...-Radiator.html

+1

And make sure you get good fans for it, Scythe Gentle Typhoons or get some yate loons from petra's tech shop.

Your loop looks good, but Id suggest ditching the plastic T fitting and getting a swiftech microres or another res. This is more about preference, but IMO a res is easier to set up a loop with and looks a lot better than a plastic T.

But most importantly, DONT USE ANY SORT OF PREMIXED "WATERCOOLING" FLUID. Just use distilled water and PT nuke

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i got Arctic Silver thermal compound (as far as i remember, will need to check that on Saturday when i get back home). i may need to get a swiftech microres (i'm not sure if i will), and a thing about my swiftech apogee GTZ SE - it leaks from the fittings when i put in the bitspower fitting on
, i don't know what do do with it - [URL=]i have these fans[/URL] x 4 (1 will possibly replace the back 140mm fan as it has better CFM - 90CFM at 20dBa to be exact).
the only thing now that i need is watercooling coolant. hopefully i can get green coolant ^_^ as thats my color theme - green and black

·
Banned
1,456 Posts
Instead of getting coolant, just use colored tubing. The dye from coolants will eventually seperate and clog your blocks.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i am using colored tubing, and for a note - i got everything in the first post - the whole watercooling setup right next to me; the only problem is the GTZ SE loves to leak, and that i don't have coolant

should i just use distilled water?

·
Banned
1,456 Posts
Yes, just use distilled water. It should run fine without any biocide for a short while, but I would strongly suggest you get some silver for antimicrobial purposes.

And where's the leak coming from the GTZ?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
last leak test it came from in between the blocks fittings where the threads are

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok so i got some pictures done.
the front

side

side again

other side

Antec 900 side panel comparison

current case

current dual screen