Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just did my daily status check on my motherboard RMA(faulty NIC) and it listed the board twice.

ekeyig.jpg


The SN in red is the original SN for the motherboard but its to the right the the table now. All six of the characters in red are numerical. The SN in black is unknown to me and is listed twice. Its last six are like: AB123C. Three alpha and three digits in that order. Both say "Product repair is in progress." as it always has for about 5-6 days now. Secondly, is this board very prone to failure? I've read about alot of failed Asus boards(Google'd), particularly this one, and feels like this may not come out right regardless. I haven't had a Customer Service issue with them thus far since I've only responded to an email from them as far as communication goes. I know it'd be best to ask them but I wanted a little OCN opinion. I've only owned 2 motherboards thus far(including this one) so I'm treading unknown waters.
 

·
Overclock Failed...
Joined
·
13,565 Posts
Look to me like you're getting a new motherboard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geneaux View Post

I just did my daily status check on my motherboard RMA(faulty NIC) and it listed the board twice.

ekeyig.jpg


The SN in red is the original SN for the motherboard but its to the right the the table now. All six of the characters in red are numerical. The SN in black is unknown to me and is listed twice. Its last six are like: AB123C. Three alpha and three digits in that order. Both say "Product repair is in progress." as it always has for about 5-6 days now. Secondly, is this board very prone to failure? I've read about alot of failed Asus boards(Google'd), particularly this one, and feels like this may not come out right regardless. I haven't had a Customer Service issue with them thus far since I've only responded to an email from them as far as communication goes. I know it'd be best to ask them but I wanted a little OCN opinion. I've only owned 2 motherboards thus far(including this one) so I'm treading unknown waters.
yep you getting a new mobo, I just RMA my RAMPAGE IV EXTREME X79 mobo last month. and it show the same thing as yours, the one at the bottom should be the new one you getting
smile.gif
.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWESOME_3_SOME View Post

yep you getting a new mobo, I just RMA my RAMPAGE IV EXTREME X79 mobo last month. and it show the same thing as yours, the one at the bottom should be the new one you getting
smile.gif
.
Yep, I just re-checked up on it an hour ago and its ready to ship out. Hopefully it'll work beautifully this time.
redface.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geneaux View Post

Yep, I just re-checked up on it an hour ago and its ready to ship out. Hopefully it'll work beautifully this time.
redface.gif
trust me it will
thumb.gif
. it's always good to have a positive thought about it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWESOME_3_SOME View Post

I know you can't wait to get the mobo back from them
smile.gif
.
I bought a 3930k and Sabertooth X79 when this died, im gonna sell it once it returns, i also rma'ed my 4770k for the fun of it while the board was away. My 4770k was horid, 1.4v to get 4.4 ghz stable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortySmalls View Post

I bought a 3930k and Sabertooth X79 when this died, im gonna sell it once it returns, i also rma'ed my 4770k for the fun of it while the board was away. My 4770k was horid, 1.4v to get 4.4 ghz stable.
oouch, you had a bad 4770k for sure
redface.gif
. what's the voltage you got ur 3930k @5GHz.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top