Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a few min of booting up my sig rig both of my monitors go black. The comp seems to continue working cuz i hear normal background sounds however the screens are black. They are receiving signal because the no signal sign doesn't come up but they are just blank black.

GPU temps seem normal, they are hovering in the 60Cs

·
I'm NOT new to Overclock
11,139 Posts
have you tried safe mode?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Have you tried sweeping the drivers with driver sweeper and then reinstalling them? If it doesn't do it in safe mode boot into safe mode run driver sweeper and then reinstall.

·
Banned
10,292 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wontonforevuh View Post
After a few min of booting up my sig rig both of my monitors go black. The comp seems to continue working cuz i hear normal background sounds however the screens are black. They are receiving signal because the no signal sign doesn't come up but they are just blank black.

GPU temps seem normal, they are hovering in the 60Cs
is that idle temps?

also check to see if any connections are out of place and if not, if the 8 pin pci connector is modular, then swap it out with another one.

edit: just saw you have a TX not a HX. are there any other pci-e power connectors to try?

also try different DVI ports on the card with the monitor. if youre getting image, then i wager the monitor is the culprit.

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by srsparky32 View Post
is that idle temps?

also check to see if any connections are out of place and if not, if the 8 pin pci connector is modular, then swap it out with another one.
no i was paying atn right b4 the screens blacked out and it was around 60C
Idle temps are around 48C
I pulled the card out and put it back in and replaced all connections. same problem.

I did do a driver sweeper driver reinstall in the past.

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by srsparky32 View Post
is that idle temps?

edit: just saw you have a TX not a HX. are there any other pci-e power connectors to try?

also try different DVI ports on the card with the monitor. if youre getting image, then i wager the monitor is the culprit.
I doubt its the monitor. I run dual screen monitors and both go out at the same time. It has to be the gpu. Although I'm starting to think it might be the pcie power connectors, one is at a very sharp turn and that might be the problem.

·
Premium Member
5,295 Posts
Comments/Questions:
1. Return all overclocking to stock (good step before any PC diagnosis)

2. It is highly unlikely both monitors turn faulty at the same time. How old are the monitors anyway?

3. Is this a repeatable problem? Does this going black always happen after a few minutes or at random timing?

4. Any recent hardware or software installed/updated?

5. Have you found any temporary solution yet? Eg turning off the monitors and then turn them on again, complete PC shutdown and reboot...etc

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by windfire View Post
Comments/Questions:
1. Return all overclocking to stock (good step before any PC diagnosis)

2. It is highly unlikely both monitors turn faulty at the same time. How old are the monitors anyway?

3. Is this a repeatable problem? Does this going black always happen after a few minutes or at random timing?

4. Any recent hardware or software installed/updated?

5. Have you found any temporary solution yet? Eg turning off the monitors and then turn them on again, complete PC shutdown and reboot...etc
1. I'll do that
2. One of the monitors is new, few months old
3. No does not always happen a few mins after booting. Sometimes couple hours into turning it on.
4. Recently installed GTS 250.
5. Hard rebooting fixes it temporarily

1 - 11 of 11 Posts