Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im working on a build for my friend, the copper elysium, got a build log up. We were sleeving cables the other day and it was the first time for both of us, we noticed that all the pci cables it the psu have two 6+2 pin connectors, the other one bridged from the first one. They were extremely hard to sleeve and we didnt get clean outcome, we decided to use extensions and sleeve them. Should we plug the extensions from seperate pci cables or can we use single one and plug the extensions to the same wire where there are two 6+2 pins, we are using gtx780 which has 8 + 6pin power connection. Also, in the 24 pin, there is one pin where two wires go in and one pin is empty, both in the psu end.
Im not very good with psus, please help me. The psu is xfx pro series 750w gold.

My english vulcabulary is not that wide either, if you didnt understand i can post pics
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Because there were two cables going to some of the pins in the first 6+2 plug, we had to use two heatshrinks to keep the sleeve tight. It was also hard to get the cable back to the pin because the heatshrinks were so thick

I can post picks of it tomorrow if you want, still got the sleeve on the one cable we did
smile.gif

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiiKK View Post

Because there were two cables going to some of the pins in the first 6+2 plug, we had to use two heatshrinks to keep the sleeve tight. It was also hard to get the cable back to the pin because the heatshrinks were so thick

I can post picks of it tomorrow if you want, still got the sleeve on the one cable we did
smile.gif
pics would help us help you get a better sleeve job of them
thumb.gif

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BLAM!

One empty pin

Two wires in one pin

Empty pin

Yep, its empty

Motherboard end, more empty pins

The pci pins

One of the double wired ones go into a single pin in the motherboard end

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.