Overclock.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering what this is in my bios... i have no clue what it does and would it help my oc if i set it to something? please look at the attached pic...

the available settings for it are:
PSB400
PSB533
PSB800
PSB667

any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Banned
218 Posts
allows you to circumvent the CPU-to-DRAM ratio limitation found in the newer chipsets.

When a 400MHz FSB processor is installed, the choice of CPU-to-DRAM ratio is limited to 3:4.

When a 533MHz FSB processor is installed, the choices of CPU-to-DRAM ratio are limited to 1:1 or 4:5.

When a 800MHz FSB processor is installed, the choices of CPU-to-DRAM ratio are limited to 1:1, 3.2 or 5:4.

The N/B Strap CPU As BIOS feature actually controls the setting of the external hardware reset strap assigned to the MCH (Memory Controller Hub) of the chipset. By setting it to PSB400, PSB533 or PSB800, you can trick the chipset into thinking that the 400MHz FSB or 533MHz FSB or the 800MHz FSB is being used.

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok... thanks, so would any of these settings help me overclock? because i am stuck at 3.7 ghz... i cant get over 3.7 and pass more than 3min. of prime95...it says "rounding was 0.5, expected to be less than 0.4"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts