Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Melted Cheese
4,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have google searched this and it seems that some sites say yes it is and some sites say no it isn't. I have an Asus G751JY with thunderbolt and was under the impression that the thunderbolt port had nothing to do with an external display. My question is can I plus in an external display with thunderbolt? I realize this is a super n00b question and here I am asking it.

Thanks OCN!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yes, you can. I run 2 external monitors of a MacBook Pro's 2 Thunderbolt ports.

IIRC, the connectors are the same and it's the protocol that is very slightly different.

·
Melted Cheese
4,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sl4ppy View Post

Yes, you can. I run 2 external monitors of a MacBook Pro's 2 Thunderbolt ports.

IIRC, the connectors are the same and it's the protocol that is very slightly different.
Thanks a lot man!

+rep

·
Registered
276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exostenza View Post

I have google searched this and it seems that some sites say yes it is and some sites say no it isn't. I have an Asus G751JY with thunderbolt and was under the impression that the thunderbolt port had nothing to do with an external display. My question is can I plus in an external display with thunderbolt? I realize this is a super n00b question and here I am asking it.

Thanks OCN!
Thunderbolt ports double as a Mini DisplayPort. They can be used as a Mini DisplayPort if you want, and will accept any standard mDP cable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts