Overclock.net banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why does warranties have to be basically like fine print, if you dont read it all you are screwed. Then when you do read it all there's still nothing you can do about it, check out this article for some more information.

Quote:
Meg Marco Writes - By now, most people know about the dreaded Red Ring
of Death issue on the XBOX 360
- and the accompanying 3 year warranty. What many do not know is that that 3 year warranty only covers the "3 red lights" issue. If you get any other error code, you're out of luck.
Source-> http://www.n4g.com/xbox360/News-291407.aspx

·
Premium Member
6,067 Posts
well duh, they explained this over the phone to me last year. Did Meg not listen? Actually the paperwork that came back with the new one also explains this.

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
Obviously?

They extended the warranty in response to the rrod issue. I thought they made themselves pretty clear when they said that.

Thats why I got a 2 year warranty at Futureshop on my 360.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
They had a press release when it became such a huge issue stating that they were issuing an extension of the warranty to cover that issue ONLY. Just like HP laptops currently carry a 3 year warranty on their wireless cards ONLY.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
lol like it matter

my friend had the same situation so he just turned it on and left it on till it got rrod

·
Registered
188 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fox_Smash View Post
that's just awfully wrong,you gotta cover any defect in your product.
They did. In the original warranty. Although the original warranty could have been a little longer.

Sounds like this person didn't actually RTFA when the warranty was extended for the RRoD error.

This really isn't news, everyone who can read knew this already.

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fox_Smash View Post
that's just awfully wrong,you gotta cover any defect in your product.
The original warranty = good for one year, covers any problem basically. The EXTENSION was to address the RRoD ONLY. Its NOT a full-coverage 3 year warranty. Even with a huuuuge press release MS wasnt clear of this? Seems like this person is trying to create a problem where none exists.

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
Yeah, this was said quite clearly at the time. They extended the warentee to cover the particular, prevelant, defect.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xToaDx
View Post

Open it up, and rip off a RAM chip, instant RROD.

What's the point of that? Then you have a RRoD and a void warranty from opening it.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
A couple of my friends had non-RRoD problems and got the "okay that'll be $99 to fix" line, so they just called back, got a different person, said it red-ringed, sent it in, and got a new one for free. Maybe they just got lucky, idk. You could always just force your Xbox to RRoD. It's very good at doing that by itself, I'm sure it's even easier with some human help

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Solertia
View Post

A couple of my friends had non-RRoD problems and got the "okay that'll be $99 to fix" line, so they just called back, got a different person, said it red-ringed, sent it in, and got a new one for free. Maybe they just got lucky, idk. You could always just force your Xbox to RRoD. It's very good at doing that by itself, I'm sure it's even easier with some human help

+1 to that, I did the same thing and got me a new 360.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts