Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
PC gamers were left out in the cold during Sony's PS4 presentation. Were they? Well, we don't think so. It appears that the amazing demo walkthrough of Ubisoft's Watch Dogs was running on a PC instead of a PS4. This comes as no surprise; we've seen it happening in the past. However, it confirms that one of the most amazing 'demos' of Sony's presentation was running on a different platform than its own.

That was revealed during the aftershow program of GameTrailers. As Ubisoft's spokesperson admitted:
Quote:
"The Watch Dogs demo was running on a PC with specs close to the PS4."
Source and more: http://www.dsogaming.com/news/watch-dogs-was-running-on-a-pc-and-not-on-a-ps4/

I hope they didnt play Shadowfall on PC too.

·
Registered
928 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
The console may not be fully ready for demo's yet, hence why it wasn't shown. The Dev kits are pretty much a PC, were they running on one of those, or an actual windows computer?

Compare the graphics you can get out of a windows computer of equivalent power to ps3.. ps3 graphics will win every time. This overall isn't as bad as people are making it out to be!

·
Premium Member
6,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidious View Post

The console may not be fully ready for demo's yet, hence why it wasn't shown. The Dev kits are pretty much a PC, were they running on one of those, or an actual windows computer?

Compare the graphics you can get out of a windows computer of equivalent power to ps3.. ps3 graphics will win every time. This overall isn't as bad as people are making it out to be!
Yes, but not enough to make the 7850 inside the PS4 perform like a 7950. It will never be able to produce visuals better than a 7850 can... It'll just be better utilized.

If you have a 7850 then you're set to match consoles for the rest of the generation on multiplatform titles.

·
Premium Member
6,181 Posts
Quote:

I can't fathom what they'll be able to pull off with that GPU, It's going to be amazing what they'll be doing, let's hope they stick with native 1080p but they may end up dropping the resolution later on in it's life cycle.
Not to sure about the CPU though.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizzareRide View Post

Quote:

Yes, but not enough to make the 7850 inside the PS4 perform like a 7950. It will never be able to produce visuals better than a 7850 can... It'll just be better utilized.

If you have a 7850 then you're set to match consoles for the rest of the generation on multiplatform titles.
It's making the 570 I am getting jealous.

·
Dream with your eyes open
3,837 Posts
This is perfectly fine because it is the same basically, because the hardware isn't full and done yet.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Sure if you took away drivers and API, coded specifically to the 7950 it would match console 7950. But that will never happen. Its the reason we have drivers and api's such as direct x in the first place. Stanardization. Disparity between graphics cards and what not.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopicClocker View Post

Well that's great, false advertisement. (Not sure if they said their things were running on the PS4, internet connection was dodgy during the stream)
Hopefully the Unreal Engine 4 was running on the PS4.
Unreal engine looked like it was running on the PS4, just look at the PC version in comparison. Maybe I'm wrong and it's just a placebo effect.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacrossewacker View Post

other than the guys rain coat in the demo....it didn't look all that great. Textures and lighting looked kind of crappy. Just a lot of nicely animated sequences.
Drugs (eyecandy) is bad for you, mkay? Take the full meal instead, mkay? (story & gameplay)

·
Premium Member
11,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paratrooper1n0 View Post

Drugs (eyecandy) is bad for you, mkay? Take the full meal instead, mkay? (story & gameplay)
I was referring to the visuals only. I remember seeing Watchdogs at E3 and thinking "wow this isn't like anything i've seen before, truly next gen stuff," But then the demo they showed the other night seemed like lesser quality. Maybe it lost that wow factor....especially after playing Crysis 3
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
...and no one should be surprised by this at all. It's how it usually goes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacrossewacker View Post

I was referring to the visuals only. I remember seeing Watchdogs at E3 and thinking "wow this isn't like anything i've seen before, truly next gen stuff," But then the demo they showed the other night seemed like lesser quality. Maybe it lost that wow factor....especially after playing Crysis 3
biggrin.gif
I definitely agree with this, it just felt...meh.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
The Square Enix video presented as revolutionary was also from last June 2012 and back then made absolutely no mention of running on a PS4.

Found it back on Youtube from last june 2012. The exact same tech Demo.
rolleyes.gif
Source

·
You broke it!
14,295 Posts
If the PS4 has a GPU with the equivalent horsepower of a 7850, then the visuals of PS4 games is going to be mind blowing. Simply because of the level of efficiency you get with consoles.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Optimization is everything for console graphics, its amazing what they are still doing with the 360 and PS3 and they have horrible specs now. Games will look even better on the PS4 than a same spec PC just because of optimization.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts