Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
***** Pardon to everyone if this seems like i'm ranting on, but I really need help asap on this! Thanks so much!!! *****

Problem:

I get to many "private callers" phone calls.

I'm in canada, and successfully added/verified that i'm on the DNC list, (done 4 months back).

I'm still getting "private callers" daily.

My "credit" is fine, everything's paid up, and happy.

I've checked to see if my "credit" has been used elsewhere illigally, it hasn't.

Solution: Call manager, or *77 on my cellphone to "block" said "private callers".

Aka, when you or anyone does *67 on landline , or #31# on cellphone, you "become" a private caller to anyone. Dial the phone number you intended on dialing afterwards, and on "their" caller id, it shows as PRIVATE CALLER (or some similar variation).

I'm trying to BLOCK these. (Prior to changing my cellphone # entirely). I'm trying to keep my #...

I've spoken with Rogers (cellphone provider), and i've tried *77 (aka block all unknown/private callers entirely). My phone "doesn't have that feature" says rogers... I've tried call manager, (aka manage individual phone #'s, block or limit time frames for me to call them or them to call me). But since i'm getting "private caller calls" I don't have a # to block specifically.

I'm on the default opperating system on my phone, but I need a new one that will "work" for me, and give me the call BLOCKING feature i need...

I've already backed up my entire contact list, so i'm fine there. I've backed up my pictures, ringtones, everything, basically I can put a magnet to the phone and not care (well it'd be un useable, but you know what I mean).

I've heard that people can "program" these new phones with new operating systems, or similar, and putting 100's of new programs on them, or not.

I'd like to try this, and rebuild it, and BLOCK these bleepin callers from calling me. And they're always different telemarketers, ALWAYS.

I've got a day off next week to dedicate to making this work, and would rather to never get a private caller ever again. (even if they're forwarded to voice mail, I can delete those, I have plenty of vm room).

Thanks,

- Le_Loup

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry moderators, another bump, anyone? I seriously need to stop these private callers!

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the program suggestions, is there a new opperating system that would actually run better to? Thanks

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Have you actually answered the phone when a private number comes up? It could be someone you know rather than some company soliciting.

·
Premium Member
4,062 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Le_Loup View Post
***** Pardon to everyone if this seems like i'm ranting on, but I really need help asap on this! Thanks so much!!! *****

Problem:

I get to many "private callers" phone calls.

I'm in canada, and successfully added/verified that i'm on the DNC list, (done 4 months back).

I'm still getting "private callers" daily.

My "credit" is fine, everything's paid up, and happy.

I've checked to see if my "credit" has been used elsewhere illigally, it hasn't.

Solution: Call manager, or *77 on my cellphone to "block" said "private callers".

Aka, when you or anyone does *67 on landline , or #31# on cellphone, you "become" a private caller to anyone. Dial the phone number you intended on dialing afterwards, and on "their" caller id, it shows as PRIVATE CALLER (or some similar variation).

I'm trying to BLOCK these. (Prior to changing my cellphone # entirely). I'm trying to keep my #...

I've spoken with Rogers (cellphone provider), and i've tried *77 (aka block all unknown/private callers entirely). My phone "doesn't have that feature" says rogers... I've tried call manager, (aka manage individual phone #'s, block or limit time frames for me to call them or them to call me). But since i'm getting "private caller calls" I don't have a # to block specifically.

I'm on the default opperating system on my phone, but I need a new one that will "work" for me, and give me the call BLOCKING feature i need...

I've already backed up my entire contact list, so i'm fine there. I've backed up my pictures, ringtones, everything, basically I can put a magnet to the phone and not care (well it'd be un useable, but you know what I mean).

I've heard that people can "program" these new phones with new operating systems, or similar, and putting 100's of new programs on them, or not.

I'd like to try this, and rebuild it, and BLOCK these bleepin callers from calling me. And they're always different telemarketers, ALWAYS.

I've got a day off next week to dedicate to making this work, and would rather to never get a private caller ever again. (even if they're forwarded to voice mail, I can delete those, I have plenty of vm room).

Thanks,

- Le_Loup
you shouldn't have put your name on the list. american telemarket agency's that cannot be governed by canadian law are using the list to call you.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Bear View Post
Have you actually answered the phone when a private number comes up? It could be someone you know rather than some company soliciting.
Every time i've had them come up, (1-2times daily), it's always a different company, and always a different product...

Quote:

Originally Posted by procpuarie View Post
you shouldn't have put your name on the list. american telemarket agency's that cannot be governed by canadian law are using the list to call you.
I figured that, and i've been looking for a USA variant and have yet to find it...

If there is a "usa" block list, that'd be awesome!

Any other suggestions?

- Le_Loup

*Tonight or Sunday evening i'll be able to test one of the above suggested calling blocking programs to see if they work, thanks *

·
I might have tacos tonite
22,339 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Le_Loup
View Post

Every time i've had them come up, (1-2times daily), it's always a different company, and always a different product...

I figured that, and i've been looking for a USA variant and have yet to find it...

If there is a "usa" block list, that'd be awesome!

https://www.donotcall.gov/

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I use Mcleaner on my iPhone and it's the best call/sms filtering program I've used.

They make it for Nokia's too.

http://www.softwaremarket.nokia.com/...id=305&lang=en

It has a bunch of options, alerting you when a call is blocked, or completely ignoring it and you never know they call you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts