Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Video below is from NASA discussing the same type of energy creation Andrea Rossi has said to have created with his ECAT machines.

[NASA] Method for iEnhancement of Surface Plasmon Polaritons to Initiate & Sustain LENR in MHS

http://technologygateway.nasa.gov/media/CC/lenr/lenr.html

A new link I found where Rossi Discusses his race against NASA http://www.e-catworld.com/2012/01/rossi-admits-nasa-is-a-competitor-intends-to-beat-them/.

Quote:
Andrea Rossi has made some comments regarding the revelation that NASA is involved in LENR research. Rossi was asked on his JONP site to comment on the video that NASA released discussing its LENR work. He responded:

The fact that NASA is trying to copy my work honours me. But their theory is wrong. We will beat them, as well as all the other Competitors with our E-Cats: the E-Cats will have a too low price to allow NASA or anybody else to compete with us. They are Goliath, very big and strong, we are David.

When asked if NASA's research into LENR was a vindication of his own work Rossi replied:

his is not confirmation, nor vindication: this is copyation. But the original is much better. In any case, these are real Competitors, not clowns with a mock up, like others around.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Is that even a real title or did you just make that up? Possibly the most mind 'asploding title i've ever read to a thread.

·
Registered
799 Posts
In English:

LENR = Low Energy Nuclear Reactions

MTS = Metal Hydride Systems

Take a material (such as nickle or carbon) and add neutrons to it. Eventually, it will spontaneously decay, releasing energy and leaving a resulting byproduct that is not radioactive or "dirty."

·
Registered
157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seabiscuit68 View Post

In English:
LENR = Low Energy Nuclear Reactions
MTS = Metal Hydride Systems
Take a material (such as nickle or carbon) and add neutrons to it. Eventually, it will spontaneously decay, releasing energy and leaving a resulting byproduct that is not radioactive or "dirty."
Thanks i was going to google it lol.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segovax View Post

This will never come to the masses. Not until the 1% figure out how to manipulate the 99% with it.
perfect avatar to match the sad truth.

This is something that could break down the monopolies that we have now with our power grids.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I hope this doesn't "go away"

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Andrea Rossi sounds like any other quack "scientist" with a string of legal troubles and failed "inventions" behind him. Bringing him up in this article just makes me want to dismiss it all as junk. His e-cat has all the hallmarks of a hoax with him being unwilling to allow anyone to know precisely how it works or allow anyone to duplicate it as proof. I bet in a few years he'll whimper off into obscurity all the while claiming his "revolutionary" invention is being suppressed by big oil. The nasa stuff just sounds like some theoretical and very preliminary science that probably won't pan out to anything useful that rossi thinks is similar enough to sound like his quack invention and so has latched onto in an attempt to make his "invention" seem more realistic.

Might as well report about all the free energy "inventions" floating around out there as talk about the e-cat. We could all have a good laugh at the gullibles.

·
Banned
1,132 Posts
The prices of all the common elements will skyrocket.................Ive been following this now for ages. There`s no way the government will allow us all to have cheap, and abundant sources of heat and power. That would be too humane.

Think of what it could mean for the developing world................clean water etc.................power for industry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts