Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
You should consider a number of factors :

i) What are you planning to use the fans for?
ii) What your noise tolerance is
iii) Does it fit in your colour scheme if you have one.

Cheers - Jason.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Ive definately been questioning the Scythe fans. They cost ALOT, and in the past few weeks, I have seen alot of posts on here about them failing. So I dunno if they really are worth what you actually spend on them.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by AusPC;13132424
You should consider a number of factors :

i) What are you planning to use the fans for?
ii) What your noise tolerance is
iii) Does it fit in your colour scheme if you have one.

Cheers - Jason.
I'm looking for replacement fans. I'm planning on switching from Air Cooling (Noctua NH-D14 & CM932) to Water Cooling (XSPC Rasa 750 RS240). I want the best best CFM, static pressure, low noise, MTBF ratio fan. Price or color isn't a concern. So far, it seems Noiseblocker is the way to go.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I wouldn't trust noise blockers stats, there as bad as cooler master when it comes to that.

I would say if your going to spend that much get Gentle Typhoons AP-14 or AP-15. GT's have a fan club for a reason and its not because there pants.
You will see in this graph the lines by them self are the GT's, this is tested on a water cooling radiator.

A load of fan tests by Martinm210 you will see the noise blocker isn't as good as it makes out.

·
Premium Member
7,711 Posts
Good luck finding the GTs. They are nice fans but have been consistently out of stock at most retailers since January, with only occasional shipments.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Gelid wing 12 pls are pretty good. They are dead silent to my standards and push decent air. I got them on my rx240.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Quote:
t's strange on the NB website the 1500rpm BlackSilent is listed at 21dbA while the 1500 BlackSilentPro is 24dbA even though the Pro is meant to be "higher class".
They most likely have better static pressure and CFM. The louder the fan, usually the more air it can move. Eg. GT's at 1000RPM vs GT's at 1850RPM... What's going to perform better...?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts