Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Evercool WC-202 kit otw but i am going to mount its main unit (the 1st radiator, pump ect that fits into any 5.25" bay) in an external 5.25" bay encloser. So im sure that the tubeing that comes with the kit wont be long enough I am trying to find some 1/4" stuff (as far as i can tell that is what comes with the kit). The kit seems to have "odd" connectors on the radiators and cpu/gpu blocks not like i see on other blocks and such.. so im worried about how to get new tubeing to fit it. Also i was thinking about doing it all in 1/2" ID tubeing .. would this cause problems? Or would it just not do any good beacuse the fittings on the blocks are made for 1/4"?

Thanks again for the help!

O i bought a dremal today finnaly so let the modding begin!

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
That would be fine, using the 1/2". You will just need to get some converters.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by zokus

That would be fine, using the 1/2". You will just need to get some converters.

Anyone know where i could get these? And/or exactly what i would need?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dark Inquisitor

yes I just went to homedepot yesterday seeking some double shut-off hose couplings but they didnt have it

yes they do have converters i'm not sure if they have 1/4 to 1/4 but I'm pretty sure

yes yes go dremmel go

So there are just converters to go from 1/4 ID to 1/2 ID tubeing? For some reason i thought it would be more complicated than that lol

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowmirage

So there are just converters to go from 1/4 ID to 1/2 ID tubeing? For some reason i thought it would be more complicated than that lol

I have not seen any, but you might want to check HERE for your tubing. I wouldnt go with 1/2'' tubing, as your pump doesnt have enough "juice" to utilize it. Your flow rates would probably be horrible. Best to stick with the 1/4''.

Edit: link fixed.

• Rep+
Reactions: Snowmirage

·
Registered
965 Posts
check out a Ace hareware, also called Westlake hardware (i think thats our specific store name)
Or Lowes
thwm two stores BOTH have a full section with pipe fitting/converters..
They have 1/2-1/4 barbed reducers, threaded reducers, y fittings, T fittings, on/off valves, about anything you need...
at Ace hardware its an entire aisle, with little 4x4 containers holding each different type of fitting... theres at least like 200 differnet size/types of fittings in that aisle

edit: Also, Im getting a pump thats 370gph with a 3/4 or 5/8 output (you can put either on)
However my block was 1/4, so I was gonna make a radiator out of 1/2" copper pipe (so it dosn'et resist flow that much) then I was gonna have the 1/2"-1/4" reducer as close to the block as possible, then right after the block, have it go back from 1/4-1/2" to keep the flow restriction as low as possible.. That way theres only about 10" of tubing thats 1/4

·
Registered
178 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowmirage

Anyone know where i could get these? And/or exactly what i would need?

Try just about any Autoparts store, most stores should have an assortment of them. A 1/2" to 1/4" id converter isn't that common, but they should still have them in stock.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great thanks for the help... Im going to just wait till I get the kit in and bring some of the parts with me to lowes I didnt know they would have such things.. Thanks again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts