Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
@OP I would caution the use of a 1TB notebook hard drive. From my understanding they are not very reliable. Not to mention they're 5400 rpm so they're slower then usual.

I recommend the 500gb 7200 RPM Hitachi 7.5k it is a good contender. Hands down the best 7200 RPM mechanical hard drive (beats the Momentus XT 500gb once it's cache is filled). I actually have this hard drive my self, it's reliable, and performs very very well.

Then there's the 640GB Scorpio Blue's, those are pretty reliable but are 5400 RPM. Albeit their speed isn't too bad...

Then there's Seagate Momentus XT 500gb. Uses 4gb of SSD cache, which only stores your most used programs, so there isn't much writing/reading, for faster operating system booting. It is considered a hybrid hard drive. I chose not to get this because of the small cache size, 4gb's. Once the cache is filled, it functions pretty much like most notebook 7200 rpm hard drives.

I would wait for 8gb+ Hybrid hard drives if you must have a hybrid, shouldn't be long before they're introduced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts