Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered 2x gtx 460's for $130 after rebates and am in the process of ordering an i7 2600k.

I currently use this psu (Seasonic 600W)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151030

Will it be sufficient? I have a spare Antec 750W earthwatts psu but I'm not familiar with 12v rails and such. I do plan on overclocking the CPU, the GPU's I will not however.

Edit

Here is the Antec PSU that I have. I would really like to avoid swapping it out as I like the seasonic PSU.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371026&cm_re=antec_750w_power_supply-_-17-371-026-_-Product

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
concidering i ran my current rig on a 750watt PSU....

somehow i think you would be fine with either one of those PSUs

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
I think you'll want to switch to the Antec because the Seasonic is a bit underpowered for that setup, and isn't going to have the 4 x 6Pin PCI-Ex connectors that you'll need for your cards. The Antec OTOH is perfect for your setup.

·
Premium Member
5,295 Posts
^this.

Your Seasonic has only two 6-pin PCIe connectors but each GTX460 requires two, making your needing a total of four such connectors. If you desperately have to use this Seasonic, you may try to use adaptors to convert four 6-pin Molex to two new 6-pin PCIe connector. However, I do not suggest this.
And, the Antec has already two 6-pin and two (6+2) pin connectors, ready to be used without any adaptors.

BTW, welcome to OCN!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advice guys. Really appreciate it. I'm going to swap out the PSU for the Antec 750W. So glad I got it on BF for $30.

Didn't expect so many friendly people here BTW.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
The 600 watt psu is powerful enough, but if the Antec has 4 6pin connectors, i'd put that in yeah
smile.gif

System in my sig takes about 450 from the wall.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts