Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I had everything sorted for my new build till I found out that the HAF-X cant fit 140mm fans up top. I have a 2X fan 140mm rad (linky for specs) I plan on using to cool my CPU I wanted to do something different because it seems everyone is using 120mm rads. However it's not causing me quite the headache in picking/finding a case for my build. I did look at a lot online but most only support 120mm fan rads.

This is what I am looking for in my case...
Ability to mount 2X 140mm top exhaust fans+Rad (as mentioned)
Side panel fan to cool VGA cards (preferably a 200-250mm)
4X 5.25" External Drive Bays
Lots of cable management options
Nothing over $200 before shipping
Dust filters (have carpet in my appt)

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Couldn't you just mod the HAF X by drilling some holes? If it can fit 200mm fan's at the top, it should be able to fit 140mm easily with a drill.
thumb.gif

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by asuperpower View Post

Couldn't you just mod the HAF X by drilling some holes? If it can fit 200mm fan's at the top, it should be able to fit 140mm easily with a drill.
thumb.gif
I could but I am all thumbs when it comes to modding work I would find some way to screw it up trust me so figured it would just be easier to buy one that could all ready support 140's out of the box.

·
Registered
891 Posts

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakivic View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by asuperpower View Post

thumb.gif
I could but I am all thumbs when it comes to modding work I would find some way to screw it up trust me so figured it would just be easier to buy one that could all ready support 140's out of the box.
I'm usually like that but it's very hard to screw up something like that. If you do, just drill some more holes.
biggrin.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts