Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone help me find a good case for around $100. I was planning on doing some OCing with my DFI NF2 & XP=M 2500 chip. i was hoping for black or aluminum case with good PSU for OCing.

thanks

·
Registered
311 Posts
Well there really is no such thing as a Computer Case + Good PSU.

Anyways here is a really good overclocking case, it is a very roomy computer case with a lot of option.

http://www.xoxide.com/chieftec11.html

Downfall is that it does not come with PSU, but just save up like another $15 and go buy yourself a good PSU with the $20 you will have left over from this case

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bored7one4

can someone help me find a good case for around $100. I was planning on doing some OCing with my DFI NF2 & XP=M 2500 chip. i was hoping for black or aluminum case with good PSU for OCing.

thanks

The case is kinda a ugly color IMO but for 110$ you get a nice mid-tower case and a really nice Ultra X-connect modular 500w PSU that runs about 90-100$ in itself. The PSU alone is worth it. Here is the link:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...241&CatId=1516

for the price you can paint the case yourself.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
380w....lol....

Go on newegg.com and find yourself a case. Don't be so lazy. Search for a case under $50 bucks that you like (doesnt matter if it has a PSU or not) . Then buy a PSU for like $60 bucks. Read around this site to find out what kind of PSU's are good.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
no need to mock the 380 watt psu... if thats all thats needed theres no reason to have more

I dont think he has a problem searching, he was simply looking for advice and suggestions... this is a community forum, people tend to talk about things

·
Registered
6 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bored7one4

thanks

Hello,

I just got my computer together for gaming, and I had similar problems.

A-TOP XBLADE is pretty good for its price and 450W PSU is included - http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...105-113&DEPA=1

Personally I have an MGE Sidewinder which looks really good with the led fans on the side. It has enough room in it, and can have good cooling inside. I have the two 80mm's on the side, and 1-1 120mm on the back+front. I love the case. http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...171-045&depa=1

Finally a really good deal from ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

Hope I helped you out with the three different styles.

Gabor

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
yeah, the case+psu deals aren't a good deal at all. unless a company like antec includes a brand name PSU of theirs, then it's not worth the money. i know it sounds tempting, it happened to me too, but it's not worth it. trust me.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Honestly, why would you pay $100 after shipping for that case? Just curious. Is it just because of the brand? Or is there some secret to that case?

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
theyd pay that much if they liked it, simple as that

·
Banned
789 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by what?

Honestly, why would you pay $100 after shipping for that case? Just curious. Is it just because of the brand? Or is there some secret to that case?

It's an all-aluminum case, top of the line

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I know its alluminum, but what does that mean?

Like is it more sturdy, or cooler ( temps) ?

Or is it just piece of mind of a well built case?

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
lightweight.
Quote:

·
Banned
789 Posts
Quote:

Weight as ATV said, and also piece of mind that you have a well built case. Lian Li is probably the biggest name in quality professional / enthusiast computer cases.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Well, good thing its lightweight. I wouldn't want some extra lbs sitting on my floor/under my desk...

If you were to go to lans and stuff , wouldn't it make more sense to have a handle on the case rather than just having it light?

Ive noticed than lian is like the benchmark in cases, but design vs. price I'm just not impressed. Its starting to appear that its more of a "LOOK WHAT I HAVE" as oppossed to practical and functional...But those motherboard slide thingys are pretty nice.

·
Banned
789 Posts
Quote:

Well, good thing its lightweight. I wouldn't want some extra lbs sitting on my floor/under my desk...

If you were to go to lans and stuff , wouldn't it make more sense to have a handle on the case rather than just having it light?

Ive noticed than lian is like the benchmark in cases, but design vs. price I'm just not impressed. Its starting to appear that its more of a "LOOK WHAT I HAVE" as oppossed to practical and functional...But those motherboard slide thingys are pretty nice.

The mobo trays are great, as far as lanning, they make case strap harness dealies that go around em so you can sling em over your shoulder

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
yeah, you all are geeks...lol. i actually wanted a removable mobo tray on my xaser v 7000+, it was a biatch to install. it wasn't that hard to install, but it's still better than having to go thru all that hassle.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Link?

I have like a built in handle for on the top of my case...

but

1) its rigid inside, so picking up the heavy case with plastic digging into your hand sucks.

2) To have the built in handle the top has a thick plastic thing mounted on it, so i can't ever install a top exhaust...Would be so hard to cut through the plastic.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts