Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm putting together a gaming rig post up on craigslist, and I need a shiny case with leds to put it in!

It's got to be on a budget, less than $50. Doesn't matter if it comes with a psu. I'll most likely either sell the power supply or possibly throw it off a cliff.

I've got my eyes on this one here for $40 shipped:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-223-_-Product

but I'm afraid of some of the reviews I saw on raidmax cases. So does anyone here have experience with it or know of a crazier looking case for under 50 bucks?

·
Dances with a Screwdriver
796 Posts
I don't like Raidmax. They got many nice looking cases but they also got many nice looking negative reviews from cheap breakable plastic to razor sharp edges. Some of the case looks suspiciously similar to Jpac cases. (Jpac also made power supply that made Powmax look like high end reliable stuff!!!)

I'd suggest this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811208009

Looks perfect for Xbox fanboi and only $55 shipped. The only issue it seems are the front USB port isn't USB 2.0 compliant

• Rep+
Reactions: Tr1ggrhappym0nk

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Does it really matter for a craigslisting? Won't they just buy it and never open it again?

Also, do you make a lot of money off that?

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWolfe
View Post

Does it really matter for a craigslisting? Won't they just buy it and never open it again?

It needs to look atractive/powerful so that people will buy it.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
HaHa I was going to reccomend my case because it has more features a gamer would actually use, but you just want something flashy. As long as you aren't going to use it, that Raidmax will do just fine

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by eseb1
View Post

It needs to look atractive/powerful so that people will buy it.

Ok then, this has a side window, led, and comes with a power supply. $50 shipped.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by wilykat View Post
I don't like Raidmax. They got many nice looking cases but they also got many nice looking negative reviews from cheap breakable plastic to razor sharp edges. Some of the case looks suspiciously similar to Jpac cases. (Jpac also made power supply that made Powmax look like high end reliable stuff!!!)

I'd suggest this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811208009

Looks perfect for Xbox fanboi and only $55 shipped. The only issue it seems are the front USB port isn't USB 2.0 compliant
Well that one's certainly one to consider, but since pretty much anything I buy now won't ship until monday anyways, I'm still open to options.

rep+ for the help though!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWolfe View Post

yeah they probably won't open it again, but it needs to stay in one piece at least.

It really depends. I've been making a majority of my craigslist income from lower end pcs that I put together from lots of parts, i'm talking p4 stuff, but that's just because I started out with about 100 to budget for the whole venture and only allowing myself to use money I make off of said venture to fuel it further. So, I've only started building the higher end systems, but for a system that sells for 500, I'm usually pocketing about 150-200 in profit. It probably also varies according to where you live. I'm about a 20 mins drive from the nearest big city, Columbus, Ohio, so that helps greatly as far as actually selling the stuff.

So, in short, it's a consistent build up. I've been earning around 200 or so per week with the effort i'm putting into it, but I've been pretty lazy, and it's a growing process. IE, the more money one has to invest in this kind of thing, the greater one profits in a given period of time. So to put it in mathematical sense. I'm earning about a 25% return on my investment per week with somewhere around 10 hours of actual work being put into it, but the return will grow and the effort will fall as I build connections with more suppliers.

I'm planning to speed it up a little by advertising my main pc after I unghetto-rig the thing. I've got twist ties holding the fans onto the heatsink lol.

·
Registered
402 Posts
To be perfectly honest, the best case that suits you is the NZXT m59, this bad boy is usually $50. Plenty of space, good cooling, I mean a TON. All the fan slots are 120mm for quiet but good CFM and the inside is painted black, and the panel window is just plain out sexy. I'm gonna tell you it's for sure the next case I am going to get

Link -------> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...Tpk=nzxt%20m59

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wow lots of replies in the time i made that post ^

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWolfe View Post
Ok then, this has a side window, led, and comes with a power supply. $50 shipped.
yeah that one looks kind of cool, lil more subtle than the raidmax, but it's def one to consider.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackHoleSon View Post
My old one: an Apevia X-plorer.

>.> that's one nice looking case, but it would cost me over 60 shipped, maybe for my next system I pop onto craigslist though

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by InF3Rnus View Post
To be perfectly honest, the best case that suits you is the NZXT m59, this bad boy is usually $50. Plenty of space, good cooling, I mean a TON. All the fan slots are 120mm for quiet but good CFM and the inside is painted black, and the panel window is just plain out sexy. I'm gonna tell you it's for sure the next case I am going to get

Link -------> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...Tpk=nzxt%20m59
The weird front puts me off on that one, so still leaning towards the raidmax.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nburnes View Post
Diggin this.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811156139
Yeah that one looks kind of cool.

Also rep+ to both if you. I appreciate the input

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyNikel
View Post

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811162046

Epic cases are epic ahaha

haha, seems like alot of the reviews on these things keep saying that parts break off during shipping. the whole front door on that one has a bad habit of breaking off due to plastic hinges o_O, but it has nice airflow haha. I will be overclocking these gaming rigs mildly.

·
Registered
596 Posts
My first ever non-prebuilt case was a Raidmax. I thought it was so cool at the time. Now that I've seen what true cases are meant to feel like, I laugh at old me. I had one similar to the scorpio case. After a year, the door broke off and the cheap flimsy aluminum on the side panel bent horribly.

Just a warning from previous experience.

I love that the Alienware ripoff is named Area 51. Why not just call it Logisys "Alienware's Mouthbreather Cousin". I think the name would have the same effect.
LOGISYS Computer Area 51 CS51WBK

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
1 - 20 of 59 Posts