Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Unimportant
17,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new laptop, and it came with a 750GB hdd, I have everything installed, then I ran into a deal on a Samsung 840 500GB and it happened to come with a transfer cable. I figured I would use Acronis (have used the old acronis western digital edition), but Acronis failed at 40% and now it won't do anything, it just immediately says its successfully completed. Any good free programs that don't require a live disc(no media with me at my currently location), that i can clone the 750GB drive to the SSD?

·
Registered
925 Posts

·
Unimportant
17,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djmatrix32 View Post

I know Seagate has cloning software you could try. http://knowledge.seagate.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/201991en
Seagate, much like Western Digitals Acronis won't let you do it without their brand of drive, mine are Toshiba and Samsung.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagkaman View Post

DriveImage XML is great for these purposes. It's Lifehacker's best disk cloning app, and it's my favorite too.
Ok I will go give that a shot, I am attempting some program called Macrium Reflect, at the moment......

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemans81 View Post

Seagate, much like Western Digitals Acronis won't let you do it without their brand of drive, mine are Toshiba and Samsung.
Ok I will go give that a shot, I am attempting some program called Macrium Reflect, at the moment......
Didn't know that sorry

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Clonezilla.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts