Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im in the market for a new LCD tv. I jsut got myself a ps3, a ton of blu-ray dvds and im moving out of the house soon.

Need to get myself a good tv, what do you all suggest. Now keep in mind the following:

size i would like it anywhere from 37-46inch.
1080p is a plus, but i wont care if its 720p
price i want to stay anywhere from 600-850

any suggestions? i know maybe my price range is too low but i figure you all would know the best thing to tell me....so ima ask you

techies and geeks of the forums halp me!

i know i should wait for the christmas sales and black friday and all that funness....but im jsut looking for ideas now...i kind of want to buy it in the next month or so.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
is this $ or £?

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Bomber
View Post

LG 52-70 120HZ from Video Only. I still can't find it anywhere on the internet or store for the price

Hehe Video Only thats where I got my Tosh 37", great place to buy a set!

·
Registered
78 Posts
If you have a ps3 I would highly recommend getting a 1080p tv to get the maximum benefit of blu-ray discs.

The best time to get the best retail deals on tvs are black friday, christmas, and superbowl.

A 40" samsung ln40a550 model will be available on black friday for $799.99 at sears.

Currently buy.com has a 37" 1080p westinghouse for $550 now.

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...oc=&sid=&adid=

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
now from what i have been told, and i have worked in best buy retail for over 4 years until i left last christmas, that the diference between 720p and 1080p you dont notice it till you get a tv bigger then 42 inches. Is this true? i really dont know hoenstly i was in the computer department for those 4 years lol.

anyways that westhouse 37 1080p looks nice, but is it a decent brand? i never really wanted to buy anything westinghouse jsut cuase i was never sure. i would prefer the sharp aquos or lg/samsung tv's. So i really dont know...thanks for the suggestions so far, if anybody has anymore recommendations please let me know

1 - 6 of 6 Posts